Transportation from MCO (Orlando) to Cape Canaveral

mumachaz

Hello all, I know that there is a place to find this information, but I can't seem to locate the thread.  We will be flying into Orlando the day before our cruise.  Can you tell me your experiences, the good, bad, and ugly, with getting transportation to the port?  Thanks in advance.  

We've sailed out of PC many times.  We usually stay near MCO then drive the next day.  Last time we stayed near PC.  Done this both ways using rental cars.  However, if sailing on a busy day (i.e. Sat or Sun) with many ships in port, the rental car places have become WAY overwhelmed.  If you can Uber for $55, do it.

We are also flying into MCO the day before our cruise and staying at a hotel near the airport.  The morning of our cruise we are being picked up at our hotel and driven to the port by Cortrans shuttle service for $20pp.  They are also picking us up the morning we dock and taking us back to MCO for $20pp.  Their website has a long list of airport hotels they stop at.  You may wish to look at them if there are only two of you traveling.  We used them on one of our last cruises and were very pleased with their service.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 9:53 AM, mumachaz said:

Hello all, I know that there is a place to find this information, but I can't seem to locate the thread.  We will be flying into Orlando the day before our cruise.  Can you tell me your experiences, the good, bad, and ugly, with getting transportation to the port?  Thanks in advance.  

Since we came in the day before, we rented a car and saw some sights, the next day we brought back the car and the car rental place brought us to the ship.  If I "dared" to come in same day i would do a shuttle

We're flying in super early on the day of our cruise, 8:15 flight arrival time.  We were just planning to Uber/Lyft it to the port and try to board as early as possible, rather than waiting around for some kind of scheduled shuttle run from the airport.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone have any experience with Uber from SFB (Sanford Orlando) to Port Canaveral We are arriving very late Thursday before Saturday's cruise, staying right by Sanford Airport that night and then headed to Port Canaveral Friday. Was planning on renting a car to drive to PC so at least we would have the option of tooling around Friday.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Dexddd.  We have rented a car from MCO to Cape several times.  One time was a breeze, other 2 times we waited forever for the shuttle on disembarkation day and the rental car place was packed.  Had to give us a utility van that sucked gas.  Other times they didn't have cars.  I thought renting for $50 was great, but if Uber is $55 I agree go for it.  That is good to know for future reference.