Random Escape Stuff - Not a Full Review

JamieLogical

5 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

What happened with your parents in the end? Did they have a good time? Do they want to cruise again? I know you mentioned that you cried at one point thinking that they were having a miserable time. I sometimes worry that my mom might get that way on a cruise - although I keep trying to get her and my dad to just give it a try.

My mom really loved it I think and would definitely cruise again. I think my dad isn't sold on it. My mom might go with us again in the future or with her sisters. I think if we manage to organize a big family cruise like I discussed with my older sister and her husband when they came back from their first cruise in September, then my dad might come along.

13 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

JamieLogical, you are rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters!   Very well written posts and good additions to these boards.  Thanks for posting the new La Cucina menus.  Very helpful as our next cruise (on the Bliss!) just opened up for booking and it's likely that menu will be the same.

Agree!  She won me over with her Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card travel insurance reference.  I love that credit card and its benefits.  Tells me she is well versed and someone I need to read.   

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 4:55 AM, mianmike said:

Agree!  She won me over with her Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card travel insurance reference.  I love that credit card and its benefits.  Tells me she is well versed and someone I need to read.   

It's a great card, right? My parents were even covered on this cruise by the insurance, because they are my "immediate family" and I paid their fare on my card and just had them pay me back! I just used all the points I've accumulated to book our flights and hotel for our trip to Miami for our sailing on the Bliss in February. And I'm well on my way to accumulating the point we'll need for our flights and stay in London for our Transatlantic on the Encore next November.

• Like 1

Thanks for the review!  And thank you for the tip about continental breakfast room service being free.  We had to get up several mornings for early excursions and really wanted an easy, quick option and that would have done the trick.  We ended up doing the MDR those mornings and it was quicker and less stressful than the buffet but the room service would have been a great choice.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:59 PM, brookie848 said:

Really enjoying reading your review. On our upcoming cruise we have two nights scheduled and La Cucina and two nights scheduled in Cagney's. I'm not thrilled that the item we often order is no longer on the menu at La Cucina. I have a feeling that they took off my husband's and friend's favorite thing off the Cagney's menu as well. 

We'll make the best of it, but I'm not loving these new menus and they make it more difficult for my husband who is picky and on a restricted diet (not the best combination). 

i am enjoying reading her review....but, I have to say, My wife and I just got off of the Escape the week after Jamie.....actually yesterday and we LOVED La Cuchina.....and the Beef Tenderloin and the Osso Bucca was INCREDIBLE....but neither of those compared to dessert...the Panna Cotta was OUT OF THIS WORLD....sit on the waterfront if the weather allows....BEAUTIFUL!!!!  now, I have to go back to where I left off on Jaimies review.....lol.

1 hour ago, BalconyGal said:

Thank you for your review!  We are booked on the escape next.  Any pictures of your balcony?

Sorry, I didn't actually take ANY pictures at all. The pictures I posted are all from my partner's phone. One of my absolute favorite things to do on a cruise is lock my phone in the safe on the first day and leave it there until the last day. Fortunately there are already a lot of photos/videos of balconies on the Escape online, even the angled ones, which you can find with a quick Google search.

On 10/29/2018 at 3:29 PM, JamieLogical said:

One of my absolute favorite things to do on a cruise is lock my phone in the safe on the first day and leave it there until the last day.

I've never put it there for the entire time, but my phone usually goes in the safe once we're in our stateroom on the first day, and doesn't come out until the first port. Maybe I'll have to try for the entire cruise next time!