Specialty Dining - Late without reservation?

mavjade

Hello friends! 

I've been reading as many threads as possible and I don't think I saw this question/answer, but if I forgot, I apologize in advance! 

My husband and I are going on our "mini-moon" on the October 28th NYC to Bermuda on the Escape. We are very much go with the flow type people and aren't very big fans of making reservations when we are on vacation. I was wondering if we went later to the specialty restaurants (so like 9 or 9:30 pm) would we still need to make reservations or would we be likely to get a table at those times without one? 

Thank you all! 

I realized I didn't explain fully, that we like to decide what to eat that night, and not a few days in advance, so that's why we were wondering. Sounds like we'll just give it a shot and see what happens! 

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2018 at 12:00 AM, mavjade said:

Thank you all! 

I realized I didn't explain fully, that we like to decide what to eat that night, and not a few days in advance, so that's why we were wondering. Sounds like we'll just give it a shot and see what happens! 

mavjade how did this work out for you? My wife and I are going on the Breakaway for 10 days in January and are exactly the same way when it comes to vacation. We usually don't plan when and where we want to eat days in advance. We are very much "what do you feel like having tonight" kind of folks. How did the no reservation dining go? We usually eat later in the evening anyways so 8:30-9:00 dinner times are fine with us. Were you able to pretty much get a table wherever you wanted as long as it was later in the evening?

On 10/26/2018 at 1:00 AM, mavjade said:

Thank you all! 

Sounds like you enjoy "freestyle" vacationing.  What a concept :).