Rotterdam Cruise Port to Amsterdam Airport

mkl55

I tried to search on the port boards but couldn't find what I was looking for.  Does anyone have a suggestion for post cruise transportation from the Port at Rotterdam to the airport in Amsterdam?  We have a 2:30 flight.  Are ship transfers ($39 pp x 2 people) a good option?  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, mkl55 said:

I tried to search on the port boards but couldn't find what I was looking for.  Does anyone have a suggestion for post cruise transportation from the Port at Rotterdam to the airport in Amsterdam?  We have a 2:30 flight.  Are ship transfers ($39 pp x 2 people) a good option?  Thank you!

You can do a private transfer quite reasonably if you have another couple to share.  Check out your roll call. I'm going by memory but I believe my friends had a transfer from Rotterdam to Amsterdam for around 79 euros.  With 4 - 6 of them in the vehicle it was very economical.  And, quicker than a HAL transfer.

You can also take the train staright to the airport.  Schipol is one of the stops. If you don't have a lot of luggage this is easily do-able.  You will need to get a cab to get to the train station though.  I believe our cost was around 16 euros.  (We took the train from Rotterdam to Paris but prior to making that arrangement I had checked out getting to Rotterdam to get home)

Trains are quite nice but you must handle your own luggage.  There is a storage compartment on board.  Hope this helps 🙂

22 hours ago, mkl55 said:

Are ship transfers ($39 pp x 2 people) a good option? 

Good choice and the least hassle.

Taxi to Central trainstation Rotterdam about € 20.00 per cab

Trainticket is € 12.40 (first class is € 20.40) p.p. (online https://www.ns.nl/en )

Taxi from Rotterdam (Wilhelminakade 699) to Schiphol Airport about € 89.00 per cab (pre order https://rotterdamtaxicentrale.nl/en/rates/ or )

Edited by PeetNL

We have used these guys in the past for transportation from Schiphol Airport to Rotterdam Hilton. Met us inside the airport at the big red/white checkered meeting point, and took us to Rotjeknor in a BMW X5; reasonable price and comfy transport; driver was excellent

http://www.schipholtaxi-bus.nl/start-en.html

This is great information.  I think we will just do the ship transfer.  The cost differential seems minimal.  We can pre-purchase...set it and forget it.  Nothing worse than ending a cruise with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to catch a flight when your plans blow up.  Just not worth worrying about.  Thank you all for your help!

1 hour ago, mkl55 said:

This is great information.  I think we will just do the ship transfer.  The cost differential seems minimal.  We can pre-purchase...set it and forget it.  Nothing worse than ending a cruise with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to catch a flight when your plans blow up.  Just not worth worrying about.  Thank you all for your help!

Good for you! Just a tip; it's very easy to spend time waiting for your trans-Atlantic flight at Amsterdam-Schiphol (ship's hole) Airport. It's a city in itself with lots of stores, good restaurants (try the Chicken Sate), a mini Albert Heijn supermarket (buy some stroopwafels) and even a branch of the Rijksmuseum inside. 

9 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Good for you! Just a tip; it's very easy to spend time waiting for your trans-Atlantic flight at Amsterdam-Schiphol (ship's hole) Airport. It's a city in itself with lots of stores, good restaurants (try the Chicken Sate), a mini Albert Heijn supermarket (buy some stroopwafels) and even a branch of the Rijksmuseum inside. 

If I may add to John's tip, indeed there are a lot of shops, but most of them, including the mini Albert Heijn is BEFORE check in and customs. After check in and customs, there is your usual "tax free" rip off, where you also can buy some stroopwafels, but extremely pricy! Before customs there is also a HEMA (I will not bore you where the letters stand for) that has a lot of typical Dutch items, food and non food.

Edited by Alphen

5 hours ago, Alphen said:

If I may add to John's tip, indeed there are a lot of shops, but most of them, including the mini Albert Heijn is BEFORE check in and customs. After check in and customs, there is your usual "tax free" rip off, where you also can buy some stroopwafels, but extremely pricy! Before customs there is also a HEMA (I will not bore you where the letters stand for) that has a lot of typical Dutch items, food and non food.

Thanks Jeroen! Never knew there was a HEMA at Schiphol. Memories of my youth :classic_smile:

16 hours ago, mkl55 said:

It sometimes is the easiest.