Nights in Private Places

johnkylie

We are due to cruise on the Quest in November, and because this is for our 30th wedding anniversary, I would like to book a night in private places.

It says on the website you cant pre-book so what are the chances it will be booked out, or do we go straight away to book it once we get on board?  

I am wondering how popular this usually is, or does it depend on the cruise?

It’s not really very popular at all. So if they are still able to offer it ( it has staffing implication) you will have no problem.  Last few cruises I’ve been on no one has had it.  I am not sure your itinerary but if it’s in the Middle East they cannot offer it for about a week for security reasons.  Ask at Buest Relations when you board, if it’s possib they will sort it out with you. 

7 hours ago, johnkylie said:

We are due to cruise on the Quest in November, and because this is for our 30th wedding anniversary, I would like to book a night in private places.

It says on the website you cant pre-book so what are the chances it will be booked out, or do we go straight away to book it once we get on board?  

I am wondering how popular this usually is, or does it depend on the cruise?

We did it last March on the Journey for my birthday. You book it with the Conceirge. We had to reschedule twice due to rain but we did manage it.

I have to say it was wonderful!! We didn't sleep well due to the noise of the waves but we loved it.

Spa Suites get a complimentary night. 

We're on the Journey now (transatlantic crossing) and it's been cool at night so I don't know how busy it has been.

I know we were told some guests prefer to sleep in their own cabin and come back for breakfast. You have to be out by 8 am when the spa opens.

44 minutes ago, 2ndsailing said:

We did it last March on the Journey for my birthday. You book it with the Conceirge. We had to reschedule twice due to rain but we did manage it.

I have to say it was wonderful!! We didn't sleep well due to the noise of the waves but we loved it.

Spa Suites get a complimentary night. 

We're on the Journey now (transatlantic crossing) and it's been cool at night so I don't know how busy it has been.

I know we were told some guests prefer to sleep in their own cabin and come back for breakfast. You have to be out by 8 am when the spa opens.

It’s is nice to hear it worked for someone as often I’ve heard about disturbed sleep and as you say the very early breakfast. 

Spa suites no longer get this perk it’s been replaced by $300 obc. I also saw on Pursuit there was no bed on the front deck in August though maybe it’s with the sun lounger cushions!  

When we did it a few years ago, it was a lovely experience. The bed isn't nearly as comfortable as the regular cabin beds, but it was still wonderful sleeping out on the open deck.

One thing to watch out for: don't book it on a night when there's a time change, or at least make sure you're aware of it. We hadn't noticed that the night we did it, and were caught a little off guard by the morning breakfast arriving an hour before we anticipated...

We also did it when we booked the Spa suite. It was a very nice experience with the dinner, butler and candles all around the deck. My wife slept well outside but me...not so much. I'm a light sleeper and heard just about every sound. But there was a full moon so that was pretty cool. It did not seem like a very popular perk though.

As Uktog mentioned this perk has been replaced with an obc.

It sounds like if the weather co operates it would be a wonderful unique experience. Knowing our luck it would be blowing a gale or raining!

Will definitely consider it for our Australia cruise over Christmas. Fingers crossed the weather is favourable!