Viking Star Muster

jamscckmc

Inside. There are two muster stations: The Theatre (foreward) and the Restaurant (aft), both on Deck 2. Your muster station is marked on the back of your ship card/room key. Life jackets are not stored in the cabins and are not needed for the drill.

9 hours ago, jamscckmc said:

Thank you, glad to hear it!  Even though I appreciate the necessity of the muster drill, I hate standing outside in the heat waiting for the late comers.

I've never understood why some cruise lines subject passengers to stand beside a specific lifeboat, out on the Prom Deck. It really is a pointless exercise, as not all lifeboats may be available during an abandonment.

The Assembly Stations (Muster Stations) are fire rated lounges that provide a safe haven for passengers in an emergency, pending the Captain's order to Abandon Ship. Each lounge has a maximum capacity, which is determined by a formula, and they have clearly defined routes to the Evacuation Stations (Lifeboats/Liferafts). In the event of an abandon ship order, passengers are led to operational lifeboats.

If the passengers are mustered outside by a lifeboat, if that boat can't be launched or is defective, I can only image that it may not be an orderly movement to an alternative lifeboat. Having managed many boat drills, I just can't imagine keeping order with all pax out on the Prom Deck.

Fortunately, we only experienced the outside Muster Drill once, which was our 1 and only RCI cruise. Good to hear Viking does it the correct way. :classic_biggrin: