Murano dress code for men

2sisterscruz

My husband always packs a blue sport jacket and a tux.    The navy blue is for the 

smart casual nights.   He also dresses in a sports jacket at home when we go to a decent restaurant and to church.    Other areas in the US are more casual and some retired or young men will only wear short sleeve shirts and jeans regardless of the event or occasion.   Cruising to us is still special as we only go 2 or at most 3 times a year.

Morano is the most elegant restaurant on the ship so definitely wear your best.

On a recent 10 day Solstice Vancouver-Honolulu cruise I sat most nights 5-7, the Elite Cocktail period, at an area of the Ensemble Lounge by the Murano entrance. Observing the folks going in for dinner, very few had suits of even sports jackets. It was very casual.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:34 PM, PTC DAWG said:

Good point, speaking of a jacket, if I want to have one pressed etc, what is the approximate cost?  I may take a linen jacket on my cruise next Sept...I’ve never sailed with one, and don’t see how it won’t be wrinkled looking...

I always take my kilt when I go on a cruise and the jacket and waist coat are folded up inside the case for up to three days. Packed day one, travel day two, usually an overnight in port before joining the ship and then unpacked just before sailaway. I find that if I pull the jacket outside in and then fold it it does not seem to wrinkle. Another secret that I heard but have not tried is to roll it up and put it into the side of your case which is what I do with the kilt because I don't think anyone onboard would be able to press a kilt properly.

Alan