Excursion currency?

grandmacruise

47 minutes ago, grandmacruise said:

Are the excursion prices listed in my personalizer Canadian or US dollars?   There is no indication as to which it might be.  Other items for purchase show the prices as Canadian.  

For the most part all excursions will be in US $'s. When you go onto your Cruise Personalizer and look at the different excursions available it says that "All prices are in US $'s unless otherwise noted". I have never seen anything other than US $ prices.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, grandmacruise said:

Thanks.  I figured it was US dollars but I was a little hopeful as more thinking’s are listed as Canadian. I guess I missed the disclaimer on the excursion page.  

Buy OBC in advance and use it to pay for your excursions in advance - just put an equal amount in each person's account.  The rate in cdn for buying OBC ($130 =$100USD) is the exchange rate in effect for any OBC you buy as well.  Given the weak CDN dollar right now, depending on when you booked, this can be a great deal.

6 hours ago, grandmacruise said:

That’s good to know.  Our cruise is booked at 25%, much better than the current rate the bank is offering.  That will be a decent savings because many of the Hawaii tours are pricey.  

Do not tie yourselves to the ship excursions. There are many reputable independent tour companies that you can deal with at a lot less money than the Princess excursions and more personable. We like the smaller tour sizes with the independent tour companies versus the highway coaches that Princess use most of the time.

The only time we have done a ship excursion is where we were pressed for time and did not want to miss the ship.

There are several reasons to take a whip excursion. We have always had personnable guides on them. Yes they are cheaper but consider the savings if they are late returning to the ship for some reason.  And yes we have taken private excursions, enjoyed them and will do it again in the future.

10 minutes ago, grandmacruise said:

Can I use my non-refundable OBC to prepay an excursion?  If so, do I have to wait until after final payment?

You can and you don't need to wait until after final payment. Just make sure each person has enough OBC in their individual account to cover it. 

17 hours ago, canadarocks said:

You can and you don't need to wait until after final payment. Just make sure each person has enough OBC in their individual account to cover it. 

a) No problem if you do not have enough OBC to fully pay for the excursion as you can use a credit card to pay for what the OBC does not cover.

b) If you have the OBC needed in one person's name but need to book excursions for two people, a call to Princess will let you use the OBC for both people.