Cabin grade attributes?

yesididit

Having always gone for the cheapest,  please can someone tell me the benefits of the various locations? In terms of front/aft up/down or in the middle (I know the middle doesn't move as much). I don't understand why the front cabins are valued more than the aft? And why is the very top deck valued less? Is it the potential noise from above? And the lowest has engine noise?

I know the restricted views and inside. 

I think that a lot has to do with convenient access to the infrastructure, venues and other places you will likely want to visit frequently. Forward cabins are near the Sanctuary, health spa etc. and theatre.  Yes the middle tends to move less than the ends but it is also, on average nearer to anywhere else. The next problem is noise and being close to anywhere likely to be a nuisance.  This may give rise to isolated pockets of where you do not want to be making guarantee bookings a bit chancy.  Some ships, Azura for example have larger balconies on some decks.  Traditionally higher decks had first class passengers on them and lower decks lower class passengers and some of this thinking has continued in some peoples minds.  Overall  with computers and analysis cruise lines can work out which cabins sell out first due to popularity and can increase the price on those and re-grade to increase revenue.  Most of this is based on what most people would find better to ideal but really it is about yourself and your preferences.  Picking your ideal cabin without considering the price may even give you one of the cheapest ones available.

Regards John

Middle bottom is the most stable which some people go for. Back can be noisier depending how close to the engines you are, front can be noisy in rough seas as the waves smack against the ships bow, this can vary depending on the ship size. We also usually go for cheapest as we have no issues where we are.