Sea Turtles around Bonaire?

The Fun Researcher

Thanks.  Yeah, we have a private tour planned for Curacao with the highlight being the sea turtles to be honest.  We still haven't seen any in all the snorkeling we've done on our cruises, which is quite a bit.

It's actually the whole reason for my question.  If we could see them easily on Bonaire,, then I would maybe do something lower key on Curacao.  We have Bonaire, then Curacao, then Aruba all in a row.  I'm a little concerned that we're going to be worn out by the time we get to Aruba where we have the Jolly Pirates snorkeling planned for the morning and lunch, and then we plan to head to Eagle or Arashi beach in the afternoon.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

Understand.  We did Aruba, Curacao then Bonaire.  Rented a car and snorkeled on Aruba and Curacao then took a snorkel tour on Bonaire.  Maybe there are other places to see turtles in Bonaire, don't know.

On Curacao make sure they do the turtle snorkel first.  It starts to get crowded around 10:00 or so.  Or maybe just rent a car and explore on your own, make it a lazy day then go shopping later in the afternoon.   By far the best turtles we've ever seen.  Big, clean, just beautiful!  Wouldn't miss it for the world.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last time I was at 1,000 steps I saw 7 sea turtles, mostly juvenile. That's the spot I hear most often people see them. Recently, I've heard people seeing a lot of big ones at the salt pier. The mangroves is also a place where I've seen several big ones. Unfortunately, there's no guarantees. 

On 12/31/2018 at 10:34 AM, wishing4wind said:

Last time I was at 1,000 steps I saw 7 sea turtles, mostly juvenile. That's the spot I hear most often people see them. Recently, I've heard people seeing a lot of big ones at the salt pier. The mangroves is also a place where I've seen several big ones. Unfortunately, there's no guarantees. 

Thank you!  We are definitely stopping at 1000 steps as one of our snorkeling spots so hopefully we'll see some there.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 7:12 PM, OjMel said:

Where on Curacao are the turtles? Do you get to them by boat or can you swim to them from shore?

We are going in mid February and would love to snorkel with turtles...would love to know as well.