anthem vs adventure

hello!

considering anthem and adventure out of bayonne this summer.  I know adventure is much older, but I have been happy on jewel, navigator.  Went on symphony last year so have experienced a bigger ship.  The reviews are quite bad about adventure, although some not so great on anthem.  Anyone been on either recently?

The adventure is so much less expensive.........

thanks to all!

Was on Adventure in September. Loved it.

Did not have an issue with food options, but we are extremely happy with the MDR every night, Windjammer for lunch, and Cafe Promenade for snacks. 

We didn't do the production shows, but the headliners and ice show were very good. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

No problem with food options. It was actually easier to get a better variety of snacks late at night on the Adventure. Shows are shows, you like some, others you don't. In my opinion, production shows are better (more modern and high tech) on the Anthem.

I have been on both in the past and will be on both in 2019 (AD in May, AN in October).    AD has fewer specialty restaurants (and fewer guests).  Also, AD does not have the big production shows that AN has (We Will Rock You and the other 2).   Both ships have flow riders, AN has the iFly and Northstar as well as Bumper Cars.  AD has the ice show.

personally, I prefer Adventure over Anthem as it is smaller but I would go on either.

AD is probably less expensive due to the itinerary and the fact that it is probably 7 days vs 9 for AN (unless you are looking at the 5 day Bermuda).   Be aware that either ship will be chock full of kids during the summer as they escape from the NY Metro area on either of these ships !!

Steve

3 hours ago, healthworker said:

just a couple--were you ok with the lack of food options on adventure?  that is what I found was problem with navigator, but was certainly acceptable.  what about entertainment at night?

were you just as happy on either one??

First, you can't go wrong as both Adventure and Anthem sail out of Beautiful & Gorgeous Bayonne, some on this board just cant stop talking about Bayonne.:classic_biggrin:

Have sailed on both and I prefer Anthem because it is newer and has unique features. The production shows on Anthem, in my opinion, are lacking. The Gift, is a waste of time. While I appreciated the effort of the cast members, the storyline of We Will Rock You is stretching the imagination.  Spectra's Cabaret makes good use of 270. If you have teenagers, I think they will enjoy the sports plex very much on Anthem. Either way, a cruise is what you make out of it.