I mean honestly how much do you people drink?

flagger

Originally posted by woodofpine:

When confronted by a right and proper Lady of the Crown at a late evening social function she exclaimed, "YOU Sir are nothing but a Drunk!"

To which Churchill replied without hestitation,

"Yes, Madam, but in the morning I shall be sober, and You shall Still be Ugly!" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE]

I've usually heard that attributed to Ben Franklin (or sometimes Mark Twain).

i drink until i'm finished drinking. and it is not hard to run up massive bar bills with three or four adults who have some coctails and nice wine everyday. the only problem is training your body not to expect alcohol before, during and after almost every meal.

9/95 Seaward

7/97 Zenith

6/98 Century

2/99 Galaxy

2/01 Galaxy

8/01 Nordic Empress

2/02 Millenium

10/03 Century

8/28 Century

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

When we got our final bill on the morning of departure, it showed a mini-bar charge of about $70. We hadn't used the mini-bar at all so I went to the customer service desk to object. To make a long story short, they eventually produced a receipt showing delivery of 2 or 3 drinks (apparently drinks delivered to the cabin show up as mini-bar). It wasn't ours so they removed the charge, but the point is there are things you can order where a drink is about $35.

If your tastes run to enough high end brandy, whisky and expensive wine, two people could get up to $2000 in a week without drinking a huge amount. You could do something like 7 bottles of wine at about $150 a bottle plus 2 drinks per person each night at $35 a drink. Of course, treating others can help get the amount up too. (And if you don't check your bill carefully, you may treat others without knowing it icon_eek.gif.)

The range of prices for an alcoholic beverage on board is hugh. Personally, I have trouble feeling a glass of anything will provide $35 of value to me, but there are obviously people willing to spend that.

On both are Regal Empress Cruises, thay were 2 night, 3 day party cruses. Are bar bill was around $400.00 for each cruise.

icon_cool.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

Scotia Prince, May 1998

Regal Empress, June 2000

Westerdam, April+ 2001

Regal Empress, June 2001

Grand Princess, November 2001

Pacific Princess (The Love Boat), May 2002

Radiance of the Seas, February 2003

Zuiderdam, May 2003

Zenith, September+ 2003

Constellation, September+ 2004

TTFN > DH

icon_biggrin.gif BlazerBoy...who said anything about the 2 ships we are sailing on...I meant hopefully one day we will be on the same cruise....and I will buy you one...then you can reciprocate icon_wink.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

I know, I know, but I sort of like the thought of buying the ship a round - with 1950 pax, assuming no children, and everyone else has a martini(I guess assuming no friends of Bill W., either), that would run to about $22,500 with tips. Now THERE'S a bar bill!!! Might have to wait for me to win the lottery, I guess.

But, yes, I'd love to cruise with you someday, Lois- we're looking at the Baltic cruises next year, or another TA Westbound, depending on the schedule/itinerary. In the mean time, you buy me what you like to drink on Horizon this Fall, and I'll buy you what I like on Constellation. Deal? Remember to toast on September 19th!

Blazer Boy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by woodofpine:

$2K a week for hooch is way over the top unless you're picking up the tab for a group (and we KNOW you won't succumb to that!) or otherwise strickly a drinker of $100+ bottles of wine.

In fact, half that ($1k) would be a "party hardy" cruise, and that comes from a leathery livered one (just ask Newt!).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’ll slecond that emotion!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

Not to be out done....

But on the last 14 day cruise I think I averaged about 6 drinks a day.

Bar Bill at the end was like about $21.00.

Yeah that's right. $21.00.

I brought a case of Guinness on board.

Day one - Board - Champagne and Memosa's free when you get on the ship.

About 4:00 pm the waiters have poured out a lot of drinks they will have to trash. They just about gave me a tray of them.

Iced down my beer and had 2 that night.

Day two - Walked around and had my mini cooler with 4 on ice. Gave one away. Had a few at the Captains greeting party.

Day three - Same thing - walked around - had mini cooler ready to go.

Day four - Stopped in Puerto Rico - picked up a case of Cola and a bottle of Rum. Also a larger styrofoam cooler. Some more beer...

When we hit a port I would buy off the ship.

To top it off when we left one of the ports I had a party for the Cruise Critic gang on the back of the ship. Rum and cokes and beer was on me - and my supplies.

To put in in a nutshell. You don't have to get a huge bar bill if you plan a little.

To top this off - when

Next - Millennium - The wait begins anew. icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Alway booked and waiting...

icon_biggrin.gif

10_7_3.gif....Ok, I can not stand it any longer, I have to reply. Just checked our bar bill from the 8 day Mercury cruise last March, $7.36 and that includes tips. I for one think we need to cut down some b4 the next cruise icon_wink.gif

Lois, I am suprised at you!

Star Princess 9/03 Alaska

Celebrity Mercury 3/04 Mexico

Next: Sapphire Princess 10/2/04 Mexico

Celebrity Infinity 5/28/05 Alaska

Mercury Cruise 3/13/04 & Amtrak Train trip 4/04 Pic's

http://community.webshots.com/user/catmand100

are you guys talkin to me? icon_eek.gif

duck..flirting? and If I am icon_biggrin.gif..you remember flirting....it got you that little duckling that just arrived (or it helped icon_wink.gif).

Cat...surprised at me for what?

BlazerBoy...your male counterparts seem to think flirting is a one way thing...LOL help me out here icon_smile.gif

Its a scientific fact that people who have $2000 bar bills, have to much blood in their alcohol system.

Gary

Starship Atlantic (BRB) 95

Sensation 97

Destiny 00

Explorer of the Sea 01

Destiny 02

Navigator of the Sea 03

Glory 03

Galaxy 04

Mariner of the Sea 5/16/04

Infinity 11/14/04 (Hawaii)

Miracle 2/13/05

Mariner here we come!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;16;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Duck,

Where ya been???!!!

Hi Lois! What's happening, are behaving here girlfriend??? Do I need to send you another martini??!!! LOL

Gary, GREAT line, too much blood!!! love it!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Look out MERCURY Here we come!!!

September 19, 2005--"Millie in the Med"--We're there!

Hi Rosie...things here have been hectic icon_eek.gif...I have to get a new a/c unit installed icon_frown.gif...its being put in tomorrow....

Thankfully, I can borrow $$ from my 401K plan and pay it back through payroll deduction. And the interest gets paid back as well.

My a/c unit is 16 years old...this is the 3rd summer in a row I have had problems...so it is time for a new one. They are very $$$.....thank goodness I can take that loan without being penalizied.

Hope you are well too.

Hi Lois!

Oh man, A/C unit, bummer icon_frown.gif Yeah, I KNOW they're expensive, but where you live, you gotta have one!!! At least you have it covered!! Good job! icon_wink.gif

We're just working too hard here!!! We each need more cruise time!! LOL LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Look out MERCURY Here we come!!!

September 19, 2005--"Millie in the Med"--We're there!

Archived