Anyone cruised on st. patricks day?

COCKYMARK

Depends on the ship and crew. We had an Irish Hotel manager, laid on a little get together for Irish and Brits, although a few Americans of Irish decent also attended. Green bubbly and nibbles. Hector our waiter wearing kiss me hat. The Officer I think telling a few Irish stories, & green bubbly

SDC10291.jpg

SDC10285.jpg

Edited by Redrobo

Have cruised several times on St. Patrick's Day.  A lot of passengers wearing tshirts, goofy hats, beads, etc.  Much can depend on crew, cruise director, but found atmosphere to be party like and fun.  Remember one bar tender making a delicious frozen drink - kind of an Irish pina colada - think he was using some green food coloring and definitely lots of Bailey's!!!!!!  

We have done 9 Spring Break cruises in a row. 

St.Pat's day falls during the cruise.

The always some sort of celebration that day with green beer and decorations.

The Engish Pub tends to be the focal point of everything.

• Like 1

We sailed this year on Freedom and sail away was on St Patrick’s. There was a green drink of the day. Plenty of people dressed in green and I think some trivia in Schooner related to the day/Irish. We did not do main dining that night so I’m unsure of anything that happened there. 

My wife's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. We have been on several cruises for her birthday. The ship will be decorated for the holiday. There will be many passengers wearing festive clothing/costumes. There will be some Irish themed food in the Windjammer. We have seen green beer offered at some of the bars.

• 3 months later...