RCL gift certificates

z4ltw

32 minutes ago, z4ltw said:

Can I redeem RCL gift certificates while on-board at guest services desk?

I'm pretty sure they allow it but want to be sure and not assume.

No they have to be redeemed before you board, I believe it takes 7 - 10 business days

1 hour ago, z4ltw said:

Unfortunately no you cannot based upon what I know about them. Per the RCL website on gift certificates, if wanting to use to pay for the cruise, they must be redeemed no later than 10 days prior to the date that the last payment is due.

And if wanting to use them as onboard credit, which I  believe is what you are wanting, then they must be redeemed either online or by phone, at least 10 days prior to sail date. 

But I would recommend redeeming them as soon as you have received them and know which cruise you would like them to be redeemed on. So that you know that are in your account in advance and aren't caught up in deadlines as they can sometimes take a bit to redeem them. And you can then use your cruise planner to buy things or save it to use onboard. 

Happy Cruising 🙂

1 hour ago, z4ltw said:

No you have to redeem them before you go. They say no later that 2 weeks before your cruise. The OBC will appear on your account about day two. 

30 minutes ago, sh2738 said:

Unfortunately no you cannot based upon what I know about them. Per the RCL website on gift certificates, if wanting to use to pay for the cruise, they must be redeemed no later than 10 days prior to the date that the last payment is due.

And if wanting to use them as onboard credit, which I  believe is what you are wanting, then they must be redeemed either online or by phone, at least 10 days prior to sail date. 

But I would recommend redeeming them as soon as you have received them and know which cruise you would like them to be redeemed on. So that you know that are in your account in advance and aren't caught up in deadlines as they can sometimes take a bit to redeem them. And you can then use your cruise planner to buy things or save it to use onboard. 

Happy Cruising 🙂

As of now, you cannot use them until you get on board. They will not appear in your cruise planner. We had a significant amount given to us by our kids , and I called ahead to redeem them and they said I could not use them until I board. Royals computer system does not have the capability to post them to your cruise planner as of yet. The representative said hopefully they will get that done some day.