Princess Shore Excursions

Good morning,

Re Princess Shore Excursions I believe now that if you prebook on your Personaliser you need to prepay which is OK.

Questions:  Are they refundable if you change your mind and secondly is it any cheaper doing this prior to the cruise than purchasing onboard.

I know that if you leave it until onboard you can miss out on our preferred time and perhaps tour.

Thanks,

Judy

Judithann,

Tours are refundable if you cancel at least 24 hours before they depart. We have found no problem doing this with Princess.

But do remember to check on the opening hours of the tour desk.

I have noticed tours prices going up compared to booking before the cruise but have I never noticed them reducing in price after I have booked them. Perhaps othesr have had a different experience.

Hope this helps.

Karryl

I was comparing tours offered by Princess and local operators for an upcoming Hawaii cruise and found them very competitive, and nearly always cheaper. This has not been my experience when traveling to other destinations.  Based on my research, I was happy to book the Princess tours knowing that I could cancel if I later found a better deal. From experience, I have found some popular tours are sold out prior to the cruise.

On our upcoming cruise to NZ we booked 3 tours early because at a couple of the ports they are only there for half a day due to tides limiting entry. From experience on our last cruise to NZ the tours are fairly popular and heavily booked.