Something New CC and I LOVE IT!

katiecat

I noticed the heart and like it as well.  What I'm still trying to figure out is the purpose of the 5 grey stars at the top of the thread just under the thread-starter's name.  Every thread has these and they are presumably for rating a thread's content?  Kinda like rating a restaurant, but I've never seen them "lit up" and so therefore, have no idea what purpose they serve.  Any guesses? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I noticed the heart and like it as well.  What I'm still trying to figure out is the purpose of the 5 grey stars at the top of the thread just under the thread-starter's name.  Every thread has these and they are presumably for rating a thread's content?  Kinda like rating a restaurant, but I've never seen them "lit up" and so therefore, have no idea what purpose they serve.  Any guesses? 

Well, I did not notice those stars were there until you said something.:classic_blink:  If they are suppose to light up, they are broken.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

How could we find out I wonder?

I would bet the changes are related to TripAdvisor’s changes to become more Facebook-like and relationship-based (following Friends, etc.). I think their hope is to become more trustworthy and eliminate rankings being skewed due to fake reviews by businesses. 

I’m new to CruiseCritic because I’m a heavy user of TripAdvisor forums and when I clicked on their cruises forum it opened CruiseCritic’s forum. (So it’s all owned by the same entity, which I believe is Expedia.)

I see a heart at the top right for my saved topics, but don’t see that saving a topic is possible. It seems that the new post-liking heart icon is unrelated. I have tons of old saved posts in TripAdvisor forums and they’re still there, but I can’t see the old heart icon to save new ones now. Bummer!

6 minutes ago, im4it said:

How can I filter down to specific ships like the old format?

If you are on the front page of the NCL forum here on CC, on the top left of the page (just below the orange star) it states "See posts about" and there you can select the ship you are interested in.

18 minutes ago, boopsahoy said:

I like how easy pictures are now! I hate that I cant seem to figure out to add to my signature-where are the countdown clocks?

Here is a direct link that hopefully can help you (all though it is an European/UK link):

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

Edited by TrumpyNor

42 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Here is a direct link that hopefully can help you (all though it is an European/UK link):

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

Thank you so much! It worked great except CC keeps saying not acceptable. I tried deleting all but 2 clocks and it still wouldn't save. What am I doing wrong?

1 minute ago, boopsahoy said:

Thank you so much! It worked great except CC keeps saying not acceptable. I tried deleting all but 2 clocks and it still wouldn't save. What am I doing wrong?

You definitely have too many in your signature that need to be deleted.  Only 6 allowed at a time.  You need to delete some, click save and then try to add a new clock.  Hope this works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

You definitely have too many in your signature that need to be deleted.  Only 6 allowed at a time.  You need to delete some, click save and then try to add a new clock.  Hope this works.

Ahhh I didnt click save before trying to add the new signature-thanks!

21 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

If you are on the front page of the NCL forum here on CC, on the top left of the page (just below the orange star) it states "See posts about" and there you can select the ship you are interested in.

Thanks Trumpy Nor.  It was right in front of me.  Duh!