Medication rules....Dubai

quby33

8 hours ago, Riverroad said:

Does all of the above apply if we are just changing planes in Dubai for an onward flight to Johannesburg? We will be in transit, not entering the country.

It is unlikely that you would be asked about medications if you are only in transit however, if you do travel with anything that is on the controlled list then I'd carry a copy of the prescription as well - just in case.  It goes without saying that you shouldn't carry anything on the prohibited list regardless of whether you are just in transit or not - you never know, flights can be delayed and you may be required to stop-over!!!!

Anne...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 7:54 AM, Jayayeff said:

It is unlikely that you would be asked about medications if you are only in transit however, if you do travel with anything that is on the controlled list then I'd carry a copy of the prescription as well - just in case.  It goes without saying that you shouldn't carry anything on the prohibited list regardless of whether you are just in transit or not - you never know, flights can be delayed and you may be required to stop-over!!!!

Anne...

I anticipate the answer to this but confirmation is always appreciated. Would you apply the same if you are disembarking in Dubai and flying home from Dubai.

It isn't an issue to get the required prescriptions as I did when we flew into Dubai, I'd just not particularly considered it as we end our cruise there this time.

The banned list is quite random. We have a non-prescription product which contains morphine and I thought that would be an issue but it's not on the list, however, Niquitin Mint Lozenges are.

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I anticipate the answer to this but confirmation is always appreciated. Would you apply the same if you are disembarking in Dubai and flying home from Dubai.

It isn't an issue to get the required prescriptions as I did when we flew into Dubai, I'd just not particularly considered it as we end our cruise there this time.

The banned list is quite random. We have a non-prescription product which contains morphine and I thought that would be an issue but it's not on the list, however, Niquitin Mint Lozenges are.

Absolutely, if you are carrying anything that is classified as controlled on the list then carry the medication in original packaging and the prescription with you - just in case!!!  

Anne...

• Thanks 1