Anyone use myvegas points for discounts/ obc?

Hi there. I am about to book our western med. cruise and both my husband and I have enough gold coins through myvegas to get some goodies. However- can we both redeem OBC for our one cruise, or will only one of us be able to do that? And would we be able to redeem OBC as well as the discount offer? Thanks!

Hi,got some answers...

First you can only use one offer per cruise. Bummer i know. I recently booked a cruise 60 days out and took the $100 obc. I was told the discount would have to be done thru my travel agent, if i picked that option. I don't know how that would work. So i opted for the sure thing. Besides it wasn't a big difference between the two. 

There are alot of rules, but as the person on the phone told me, they are constantly changing.   

Hi,

Just did this for two cruises.  There are two different types of rewards - the $50 / $100 OBC rewards and the 5% / 10%  discount on the cruise fare rewards. 

You can use two of the OBC rewards together, so you and your husband can each redeem and apply a $100 OBC to the same stateroom. 

For the % discount reward, only one reward can be applied to a stateroom and it cannot be combined with an OBC reward. 

Note that you can only use one reward per person every 180 days and that the reservation cannot be through an "on-line discount travel agency" (brick and mortar agency is ok) or be part of a group rate.  The rewards can be combined with other discounts such as the C&A balcony discount and the on-board booking OBC''s. 

They used to allow “stacking” of benefits... last cruise we got 10% off, and 2 $100 OBC.  We book directly with RCI.

however, when I read the new rules, I think we might just get one promtion.  We will try to get 10% off from me, and $100 OBC from DH, but not sure if we can make that happen.  What I do know is that MyVEGAS was very responsive in the past, and worked with us to give points back when we tried to renew too much back.  They were great!

On 11/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

They used to allow “stacking” of benefits... last cruise we got 10% off, and 2 $100 OBC.  We book directly with RCI.

however, when I read the new rules, I think we might just get one promtion.  We will try to get 10% off from me, and $100 OBC from DH, but not sure if we can make that happen.  What I do know is that MyVEGAS was very responsive in the past, and worked with us to give points back when we tried to renew too much back.  They were great!

For our upcoming cruise, my husband and I each used a $100 OBC reward. We each followed the instructions to redeem with RCCL, with me sending my email one day and him the next. No issues and the $200 OBC was showing in my cruise planner to use. It has been several months since we did this, so I do not know if there have been changes since, but it worked then! 

11 hours ago, rcc4au said:

For our upcoming cruise, my husband and I each used a $100 OBC reward. We each followed the instructions to redeem with RCCL, with me sending my email one day and him the next. No issues and the $200 OBC was showing in my cruise planner to use. It has been several months since we did this, so I do not know if there have been changes since, but it worked then! 

It’s the 10% off one that appears to have stricter rules... looks like I’ll find out in feb when I book my next cruise 🙂