Jade!!! What are the best "hidden treasures"

Amandajean1022

Spinnaker Lounge, Bridge Viewing Area, tables on the rail in the Great Outdoors, the Comfy couches off to the side in the Piano Bar, the quiet back corner in Malting's, sitting near the gas fireplaces in Cagney's...... I'll try and think of some more.

Edited by jpcdds6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good question OP as I am interested as well.  This will be only my 2nd NCL vessel and I am wondering about the Spinnaker Lounge.  ON the Sun there was the Observation lounge.  One of my most favourite places to spend the day with a few drinks and a book, when at sea.  Is Spinnakers (I believe located in the same relative position, high and forward) a relatively quiet place like the space on the Sun?

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Spinnaker's as well. It's on 13 forward. Lovely views and lots of seating.

I spent some time on the promenade on 7 aft, when I was there, it was a quiet and shady place to just enjoy the breeze.

I love the Great Outdoors mini buffet on 12 aft. I ate many breakfasts there. It could get crowded, but the fresh air and view made it worthwhile.

Few more to add: Tables against the windows aft in Grand Pacific, cocktails before dinner at Sugarcane Mojito Bar, cocktails after dinner at Magnum's, sitting on the stools, drinking a Rebellious Fish, looking over the pool area at the Pit Stop, wings and a beer, at 1am in O'Sheehan's (liquor before beer, and your in the clear). She's a great ship.

Edited by jpcdds6
  • Like 3

Was on the Jade Xmas 2017. First NCL for us and we are on the sister ship Jewel next year. We really liked the quiet zone above the Spinnaker lounge at the front of the ship. It is labelled as a quiet zone and on a sea day you can't hear any of the noise coming from the pool area. Lots of loungers and lots of sun and its well protected from the wind by glass panels.

Sheehans for breakfast was always quiet. Also there is a card room and a library/reading room next to each other which got busy on sea days but other than that they are pretty quiet

Spinnaker lounge was nice on sailaway as it was pretty quiet and you are facing forward. They do seem to schedule a lot of activities in there so its not always as peaceful as you like

The Mojito bar was a nice quiet spot in an evening as well. Never seemed to be a lot of people in there apart from those waiting for their reservation at Cagney's.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jpcdds6 said:

Few more to add: Tables against the windows aft in Grand Pacific, cocktails before dinner at Sugarcane Mojito Bar, cocktails after dinner at Magnum's, sitting on the stools, drinking a Rebellious Fish, looking over the pool area at the Pit Stop, wings and a beer, at 1am in O'Sheehan's (liquor before beer, and your in the clear). She's a great ship.

Mmmmm, Rebellious Fish, I remember that drink, that and the Bahama Mama.   Never had a Mojito (not sure why), maybe I should sample the whole list with the Drink pkg.  It's good to have a goal in life. :classic_wink: