Which cruise to take/want lively nightlife?

partymom

My husband and I are mid 40s and have been on several cruises already. 3 carnival cruises, 1 Royal Caribbean and 1 Celebrity.

We are looking to go next January with friends on another cruise but are not sure which cruise line. The carnival cruises were great in terms of lively nightlife (we like to dance at the disco, drink at the bar, and meet other people) but we want to try another line.

Our first cruise was on Royal Caribbean (an older ship to the Southern Caribbean). We did not like it in that the crowd was older than us and it seemed like everyone went to bed at 11. The disco was dead (only some staff members) and we were bored. The only people our age we met were the strolling around the deck type after dinner and then bed. Also, on Royal Caribbean (at least on the ship we were on) if you had late dinner seating, the show was before dinner at 7. The point of eating dinner late is so you can relax between coming back from port and dinner, not getting ready for a show.

Celebrity was really good (also southern caribbean) but we had a really good 30-50s crowd who liked to party. The shows weren't that great. Celebrity usually tends to have an older more laid back crowd so I'm concerned that may happen. Also, we probably want to do Southern Caribbean again and they don't have any 7 day cruises there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any other cruise lines or disagree with my experiences? How is Princess?

We would consider going to Panama Canal (if 7 or 8 day cruise).

We don't like alot of days at sea (that is why we liked the southern caribbean).

From what I've seen, the 3-4 day shorter cruises on almost all lines (except Disney!) tend to attract a younger more partying type crowd. Why don't you try doing back-to-back on two of those? Sounds crazy but it might get you more of the lively crowd that you're looking for.

Cheryl

Archived