Airport transfers

hollyberry

46 minutes ago, hollyberry said:

Does anyone know if you get your transfers if they get your luggage at the airport and take it directly to the ship?

I used a transfer last year in Vancouver and in September in Seattle.  Both times the luggage was taken off the carousel.  The Hal rep asked to see our boarding pass and passports.  They then took the luggage to load it somewhere and directed us to the bus.  We saw our luggage just before the muster drill.

We did a precruise night with HAL at the Hilton airport conference center in Seattle last August.  Luggage was taken from our hotel room to the directly to the ship and delivered directly to our stateroom.

Karen

I am not aware that Holland America employees are able to claim you luggage for you in either Vancouver or Seattle.  My experience is that a representative may meet you at the carousel, and assist you to the airport kiosk if you purchased a transfer.  At that time you leave your luggage.

Unclaimed luggage on the belt will revert to the airline. 

Your identification will be necessary to claim them.....not mine or my staff.

In most cases, unless you have a HAL cruise tag on your bag, it will stay until claimed....because assuming responsibility has risks.  HAL staff is always willing to help when we can, legally and with good reason to suspect that your luggage was delayed or diverted.  That is why it is important to update your flight number and arrival time a week or so prior to your cruise.

Suppose your bag has 2 kilos of drugs?  Do I want to be filmed claiming that bag?

David

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Loreto said:

We did a precruise night with HAL at the Hilton airport conference center in Seattle last August.  Luggage was taken from our hotel room to the directly to the ship and delivered directly to our stateroom.

Karen

That is different from what the OP is asking, and pretty common. But claiming someone else's bags at the airport is a far more complicated issue.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

That is different from what the OP is asking, and pretty common. But claiming someone else's bags at the airport is a far more complicated issue.

My mistake...I would always want to claim my bags off the carousel!  I think you can pay to have your bags shipped from your home to the ship, but that is a separate service. 

Karen