Military Discount -- Shock!

Wine-O

I've booked many Celebrity cruises, and within 8-10 months they sometimes offer the Military Discount, which can be substantial, in order to fill up the ship.  I've saved $2200 on an AUS/NZ cruise earlier this year.

I looked at prices for a South America cruise that is 27 months out (02/2021).  This far out, didn't even bother checking the Mil or Senior boxes.    Called my TA to book, and I found out it was $200 less than the on-line price.  Low & behold, they were offering a $100pp Mil Discount for my booked category.    What a shock and a pleasant surprise.  In the future when looking for cruises/prices, will always make it a point to check those Mil/Senior boxes.  

• Like 1

We have previously gotten a military discount on some sailings.  Then for a period last year nothing I looked at had a military discount.  When the new sailings were released this week we booked a B2B and got a $100pp military discount on both legs along with the Go Best on the non-repo cruise.  Asked about and B2B discount ( I always forget about that & have never received one) - got an additional $100 per cruise discount.

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have previously gotten a military discount on some sailings.  Then for a period last year nothing I looked at had a military discount.  When the new sailings were released this week we booked a B2B and got a $100pp military discount on both legs along with the Go Best on the non-repo cruise.  Asked about and B2B discount ( I always forget about that & have never received one) - got an additional $100 per cruise discount.

That's what really surprised me -- the new releases getting the military discount.  It's only $100pp, but it can be substantial for last minute bookings a few months before final payment when they are trying to fill up the ships.