Town Center/Beach with Turtles

ellell

First time on the island. Thinking about walking to the town center and then to a beach area that has wild turtles viewings. Is this doable? Any suggestions on a beach?Would we missing anything by doing this? The shore excursion did not seem interesting to us.

Thanks for replying Signman, I have read back a few months. Guess, I was requesting opinions more than facts😀. I have a member of cruise critic for years and try to research before posting. Guess that is why, I do not post very often. Sorry, it seemed I was taking a short cut. Happy Cruising!

Edited by ellell
Typo

3 hours ago, ellell said:

Thanks for replying Signman, I have read back a few months. Guess, I was requesting opinions more than facts😀. I have a member of cruise critic for years and try to research before posting. Guess that is why, I do not post very often. Sorry, it seemed I was taking a short cut. Happy Cruising!

I hate when people make unnecessary comments like that. If you can answer the question do so, if you can't move on, no need to make someone feel stupid. Geez lighten up Signman!!!

• Haha 1

You can swim out to the turtles (they congregate in an area where the tour boats feed them) and also to the ship wreck, but that is a LONG way out and back on your own.  Using a tour boat or riding the boat included with the BoatYard admission is a better option IMHO.

Edited by JohninDC
  • Thanks 1