Vista any time dining for diamond

75Vette

3 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Same as anyone else checking in for Your Time Dining (YTD). Your status gets you priority only when choosing your dining time (early, late or YTD). It doesn’t get you priority when checking in for dinner when you are on your cruise. 

That is officially true, however, there are many times on ships that the Maitre de will instruct the seating hostess to treat Diamond members differently and seat them right away.  Unfortunately, you never know beforehand if this will be the case on any one cruise.

Thank you for your reply.  I was thinking I had read from a posting of someone that had been on the Vista that it was done a little different for YTD and you did not need to go to deck 5 and check in if you were plat or diamond.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, 75Vette said:

Thank you for your reply.  I was thinking I had read from a posting of someone that had been on the Vista that it was done a little different for YTD and you did not need to go to deck 5 and check in if you were plat or diamond.

Thanks.

Was on the Vista last November and I am platinum and we checked in on Deck 5 but was set straight to MDR with our seating assignment.  They converted it to a reserved table on day 3 as I asked for the same waitstaff.

At one time, John Heald had indicated that Diamonds were given a notification in their cabins that they should proceed directly to the dining room without checking in at Java Blue.

He indicated that there was a separate queue on deck 3 with signage directing Diamonds where to go.

That may have changed.  I would like to hear from other Diamonds who have actually gone through the process.

I know we don't have a separate queue at the hostess station on other ships.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 9:13 AM, okgirl said:

At one time, John Heald had indicated that Diamonds were given a notification in their cabins that they should proceed directly to the dining room without checking in at Java Blue.

He indicated that there was a separate queue on deck 3 with signage directing Diamonds where to go.

That may have changed.  I would like to hear from other Diamonds who have actually gone through the process.

Off the Vista yesterday. Saw none of this, and had nothing in the cabin that indicated I could skip the regular check-in process for YTD. Went to Java Blue at about 7:45 to eat dinner. Was given a pager and had to wait in line just like everyone else.  There were only 17 diamonds on the ship. 

FYI - NOT complaining. Just stating my experience. 

We were on the Vista last February and when showing up at Java Blue the first night, were told to go directly to deck 3 check in from then on. So each night we were welcomed directly at the desk and given an empty table for our party of 6. 

Bob

On 11/13/2018 at 9:13 AM, okgirl said:

I asked around and one diamond lady in a motorized vehicle said she got a assigned table. 

I didnt find anyone else who was able to do this. 

However when we found someone we liked half way thru, she gave us her card and we went straight to deck 3 desk and they always seated us immediately. One time at a table for 5 but no one joined us.

So you can skip the deck 5 check in several ways, but only that one disabled lady that I know of was able to get assigned to a time and table. And I asked around. Im always asking questions to know more, you know me okgirl. how you been? Are the crazies still cruising? tried to find them but didnt know how

I was on vista 11/11 to 11/18, so recently.