Choir of Man on Escape

spdwain

This sounds like a must do, but I had a few questions.

1.  What is the meal served now?  I have read bangers and mash may have been replaced with beef wellington.

2.  How early before your reservation should you arrive?

3.  Do you have dinner first followed by the show?

We just saw this show last Saturday.  We had Beef Wellington. I thought it was good.  We arrived 15 min before and were one of the last to arrive.  The Supper Club was not full though (probably because it was our last night and most people already saw the show) so we still had decent seats. I would definitely plan to arrive earlier than that in case.  We were served our salad immediately after sitting down and were completely done with dinner and dessert just as show was starting.

You are seated -- meaning you do not get to choose your seat.  For our show, we arrived 1/2 hr. prior and there were already people lined up!  Passengers seemed to arrive very early for everything on board.

New menu is as stated:  beef wellington (pastry shell so-so); they do ask how you want your meat and even put a sign on your table to ensure you get the right on; salad is preseasoned; no extra charge if you wish to have a soft drink instead of beer; not sure if wine had a charge or not.  If you drink beer, you will get a lot of it.

Show was great!!!  Meal was just okay but better than the original bangers and mash which is now back in O'Sheean's free of charge.  Since we went to the 6PM show, we ended up eating again later that same night.

MARAPRINCE

I know I'm in the minority...but, probably because I don't drink beer....the show was "ok" but nothing special.

I didn't eat the meal......not a meat eater.

We got there about 30 minutes early and were offered "awful seats".  We got re-seated at "not as bad" seats.  We went to the early show early on the cruise.

18 hours ago, April42749 said:

I know I'm in the minority...but, probably because I don't drink beer....the show was "ok" but nothing special.

I didn't eat the meal......not a meat eater.

We got there about 30 minutes early and were offered "awful seats".  We got re-seated at "not as bad" seats.  We went to the early show early on the cruise.

There were several tables around us asking if they could get something other than beer to drink.  The table right next to us ordered hot tea.  My cousin and I ordered soft drinks.

What you are really paying for is all the "free"beer being given out.  Food is better than the original menu but isn't the greatest.  The vegan option (pasta) was ordered at the table next to ours and looked pretty good.  We already decided that we would need to get more food after the show since we booked the 6PM show and they really served as soon as you were seated.  It is a set menu and doesn't take into account any special dietary needs.  Besides, most are going to see the show, the free beer and not for the meal.  My understanding is that the show used to be free when it first started. 

One of the ladies at the next table didn't like the first seat assigned and asked to be reseated since she was waiting for her friend.  That was how she came to be seated next to us.  Her friend was also not happy with her seat but after she was told that we could not really pick our seats she agreed that our seats weren't all that bad since the guys worked the room.  We were seated where one of the guys comes out and does a tap dance on all the wooden planks.  It seemed that they seated larger parties close to the stage no matter how early you arrived.

MARAPRINCE

9 hours ago, calmpets said:

Just to be clear, unlimited beer is included with the show? We are sailing with the UBP, so free beer would be useless for my whole party, and I personally don't drink beer at all. Can you bring a cocktail in with you?

Yes beer is included and if you have the UBP you can order something else from the bar staff. Just let your waiter know, they will send them over to you.

We saw the 6pm showthis past Saturday as well.   Make your reservation when you Board. Plan to arrive 30 minutes early.  We didn’t like our table so they moved us.  There is a bit of audience participation from people up front. The show was amazing and I highly recommend it.  These guys are amazingly talented. The meal, as others have said is meh.  It is Beef Wellington or a pasta dish (vegetarian). My friends got it. It appeared to be pasta with sauce. No veggies in it.  The cheesecake was great though.  We were able to get coffee.  My advice is to do the early show so if you don’t like the dinner you can still have a meal afterwards in the dining room.

Did on the Escape last month while sailing to Canada.  Well worth it.  Like others said, get there early - some of the tables in the back have a pole in the way to obstruct your view.  We had the beef Wellington (was the exact same one that was being served in the buffet on that night, as we saw it when we went up for a snack after the show).  The free beer was an English Brown Ale (distinctly different from the ales the cast drink during the show).  Definitely worth the money - for the show.

how can i book the Supper Club?

when i try to select it in acct for my Escape cruise next month, it just takes me back to the main 'Explore' page??

and how much is it? (supper club page lists $0 for me??)

Edited by fstuff1