British Hilton Nassau

Scootersmom55

35 minutes ago, Scootersmom55 said:

Really?  You aren’t aware of the fact that Carnival ships port in Nassau?

I am aware. Are you aware this was the Carnival cruise line forum and not a port destinatIon forum hence why your thread was moved by the mods appropriately to the port forums. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We went to the British Colonial Nassau on October 30, using the Resort for a Day pass.  The hotel is located about 10 minutes from the pier, an easy walk.  We arrived around 10:30, checked in, picked up beach towels, and were sitting on the beach by 10:45.  The beach is on the channel leading to the piers so the water is quite calm. 

The beach was less than half full (off season); water was warm and clear.  The only potential negative is noise from a large construction project next door to the hotel.  

Our package included a $40 credit for food and beverages.  Very attentive server brought drinks and lunch to our lounge chairs; we also had the option of eating at the pool/beach bar.  Prices were on the high side, but hey, you're on vacation...also, compared with other resort options, we didn't have to take a taxi to get there.  In short, it was a pleasant, low key day at the beach.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 10:31 PM, MDsparkle said:

TMR2 did you go already? if so did you enjoy British Hilton Nassau? Thanks.

Yes and YES!  We have done this twice now.  You can't beat it for location and service.

I just read this review for it the other day and it says it best 

https://familytravelsonabudget.com/cruising/7-reasons-why-a-hilton-day-pass-is-one-of-the-best-excursions-in-nassau/

20 hours ago, TMR2 said:

Yes and YES!  We have done this twice now.  You can't beat it for location and service.

I just read this review for it the other day and it says it best 

https://familytravelsonabudget.com/cruising/7-reasons-why-a-hilton-day-pass-is-one-of-the-best-excursions-in-nassau/

We’ve done four day passes, I’d put the Hilton in fourth place. The only plus was how close it is to the port, but we really enjoyed our taxi rides to cable and cabbage beach, which were only 15 minutes.

We have done the Sandals Day Pass and the Hilton Day Pass. They were both enjoyable. Pros of Hilton is you can easily walk to the hotel and walk back to your ship thus you save about $40 in taxi fare and you can stay longer because you don't have to rely on a cab to get back to your ship in time for all aboard, it is  less expensive at $80 dollars with a $40 food voucher included. Sandals beach was prettier and they have a private island which is cool, it is all inclusive so you can eat and drink as much as you want. You do have to be aware of the time as you will need to arrange for a cab back to the ship. It is also more expensive at about $110. They were both good choices.

• 3 weeks later...

Read on FB  the USA issued a travel caution for Nassau last year due to crime. Think it was the second level caution out of 4, so nothing extreme. We were doing a one day pass at the Hilton the one day we are there.  How is the security there for anyone that has gone before? I assume you have to have a wrist band or something to enter and stay on the grounds?

We were there in November.  Checked in at the lobby desk and was issued wrist bands.  I felt very safe and secure.  I personally have never felt unsafe in Nassau.  We always we stay amongst other persons and do not put ourselves into an isolated area.  

We will definitely return to the Hilton.  Thoroughly enjoyed our day.