Coming back to Royal

mom2oneXY

Hello there!  My family is coming back to Royal after sailing with other lines for the last 5 years.  We found a deal we just couldn't turn down with Royal.  Our 5 year gap has left us with some questions.  Most of them are related to the Kids' Club since the last time we sailed with Royal our kiddo was just 15 months old.  To be honest, most of these questions are coming from our 8 yo son.  He LOVES cruising, but has anxiety and is starting to be a little fearful of the change.  He'll be fine once we're on board, but he needs some help processing what it's going to be like.  Answering him with and "I'm not sure" or "We'll just have to see once we get on board" only adds to the anxiety.

Is the Kids' Club open the first night?  Is there an open house on embarkation day?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a kids compass?  DS would love to see what kind of activities they do.  

Does anyone know if they lump the 6-8 group with the 9-11 group sometimes?  DS is fine in his assigned group, but sometimes socializes better with older kids.

Thanks for any help you can give me to help my non-stop questioning son :-)