Celebrity M Class Deck 11- Aqua Class

DTL321

Hello fellow cruisers:

Looking forward to my first Celebrity Cruise! 

I am the type who loves a good deal, so I do check the website everyday after I book for fare differences (am I the only one who does this?). I was lucky to get an upgrade to Concierge Class for what I consider a very reasonable rate (2% higher than what I paid originally). Then there is the MoveUp offer, well me being me, I put in the minimum offer amount for Aqua Class. I had heard a lot about Blu, so thought why not?

Well my offer was accepted! I was excited until I saw my room assignment. It is on the 11th deck and is considered "the best location" for Aqua class (A1). I noticed the cinema is on deck 12 and looks like people can see directly into the balconies when on deck 12! Not sure how this is considered the "best?"

What have I got myself into? Anyone stayed in these cabins? Am I concerned for no reason? Or should I be yelling at myself for always looking for a better deal?

I appreciate all your help! This is such a great place to come for advice.

Thank you!

ok - so you're on the side.  I don't think people will particularly be able to see onto your balcony.  You can hear mumblings from the film if its on but not enough to annoy me and Blu was amazing.  We've only done it once but we really enjoyed it.  

I'm also checking and rechecking.  I'd give it a go.

Last year I did a Panama Canal/W Coast of So America cruise on the Infinity. We had Aqua cabin 1138. It was fantastic. The pics I took going through the canal were fantastic.

I don't recall hearing any sounds from the movie screen above us.

Enjoy it.  

We had that same cabin (I think) on the Infinity in 2017 and loved it. Great views and very little noise from the theater above. I was curious and purposely tried to look down onto our balcony. I'm 6' and could see the railing of the balcony but not much else. Very convenient to the oceanview bar and buffet and all the pool areas. 

While we haven't been in stateroom 1124, we have been in A1 staterooms on three of the four M-class ships.  As already noted, the location is very convenient to the buffet, Sunset bar and the rear elevator set.  Appears our OP found a great deal, and I sincerely hope they thoroughly enjoy their first Celebrity cruise.

Thank you everyone! I'm relieved to hear it will be hard for people to look down onto the balcony. I do like it being a little more shaded but I'm sure it will be fine.

I do feel I got a great deal, went from a 2A to a C3 to an A1. 2A to C3 was, as mentioned, 2% increase and then C3 to A1 was the minimum bid. From what I have read that is pretty good. 

Looking forward to our first Celebrity Cruise! Is Blu really that good? I hope so!

Thank you 🙂

As a general rule, you shouldn't do anything on your balcony that you wouldn't do sitting next to the pool...sort of like "don't put anything on the internet that you wouldn't want to see on the front page of your local newspaper"....remember the ship has video cameras, folks have been known to peek around dividers, etc.  

LOL! Do people not follow that rule?!? I am guessing not, if it has to be said! 

My thing is, I do not want to be sitting on the balcony and have people looking down and try to have a conversation! Have you ever seen the Regal/Royal Princess? They have a glass walkway coming out over the ship and when you look down you look directly into people's balconies. It is the people gawking down at you while you are just sitting enjoying the view! Feels kind of like being in a zoo lol. I know on port days, different story but while at sea...

• 5 months later...

I'm.going to be in Aqua cabin 1103 for Alaska trip on Millie. I checked the pinned M post & speaker noise was mentioned for cabin 1101. I'm worried about the movie noise & now people looking at me (lol). Would it be better to try for cabin 1107, 1109 or 1111

Thanks