Anyone currently on Regal? Unlimited internet??

CruzinisParadise

1 hour ago, klenklen said:

Just got off 17 day b/b 11/1 and 11/11.

The 11/1 was free unlimited internet for platinum and elite.

I thought it worked pretty well with an occasional hiccup, the speed was fast.

Early on my wife tried to log on and a message said she had used all her time.

I went downstairs to the internet cafe and then set her up pronto.

Huh?.............

There were a lot of hiccups the second half of the 11/1 cruise. 

It was down for hours on multiple occasions.

For the unlimited all I had to do was log in once with the voucher #.

When ever it went offline it would reconnect with out any input by me when the system came back up again.

10 hours ago, LongToSeeTheSea said:

Just off this morning after 17 days.  First 10 days were free unlimited on the reposition from NYC to FLL.  Last week reverted to Elite minutes.  We were given 500 for 7 days.  After that,  $9.99/day if you bought for full voyage.  Some issues connecting here and there but overall it worked great and think it’s a big improvement over past non MedallionNet service.  

Was the $9.99/day for the social, surf or stream option?

On an upcoming cruise on the Emerald, the pre-cruise pricing for unlimited for full voyage is:

social $6.67/day

surf $9.33/day

stream $13.33/day

This pricing is for everyone, not a special price for Platinum and Elite passengers.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Was the $9.99/day for the social, surf or stream option?

On an upcoming cruise on the Emerald, the pre-cruise pricing for unlimited for full voyage is:

social $6.67/day

surf $9.33/day

stream $13.33/day

This pricing is for everyone, not a special price for Platinum and Elite passengers.

We just had the one option of $9.99/day. It was strong enough to stream.  Emerald does not have MedallionNet WiFi, so that’s probably why the offer different tiers of pricing and band width, I’m guessing....

I'm not elite or platinum (new to Princess) and am considering the $9.99 "special" pre-pay option (tho I am confused because they say it's $59.99 but my cruise is 7 days, so that's less than $9.99/day? - Maybe it's just me being bad at maths.) Anyway. If the internet is so sketchy, I am wondering if it's worth the cost. I blog and hope to post images to my FB account as well...but I don't want to spend a lot of time being frustrated by the system. I'm there for relaxation! BUT...if I *can* get to my social/blog accounts w/o frustration that would make me super happy. 

Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, SeaworthyJade said:

I'm not elite or platinum (new to Princess) and am considering the $9.99 "special" pre-pay option (tho I am confused because they say it's $59.99 but my cruise is 7 days, so that's less than $9.99/day? - Maybe it's just me being bad at maths.) Anyway. If the internet is so sketchy, I am wondering if it's worth the cost. I blog and hope to post images to my FB account as well...but I don't want to spend a lot of time being frustrated by the system. I'm there for relaxation! BUT...if I *can* get to my social/blog accounts w/o frustration that would make me super happy. 

Thoughts?

They are having special pre cruise pricing.

Last week I disembarked the Regal.......my 10 day was listed at $69.99 but it was the last cruise where they gave free unlimited so after I purchased it they automatically refunded it to my onboard account.

I would grab it while you can.

Its definitely worth the cost. You can log on and stay logged on. 24/7