NCL Platinum member meal question

Scurrent

I know as a Platinum member I get two free meals from a choice of four restaurants.  When I sailed out of Barcelona last June, I sailed with my wife, both of us Platinum members, and my two daughters, who aren't.  I was told that we were only entitled to one coupon, not two, despite the fact we are both Platinum members.  This is a huge difference, as we needed to buy four additional meals.  Any clarification I can point to before our upcoming cruise? - Much thanks  -  Steve

It is one coupon per cabin for 1 dinner for 2 at either Cagney's or LeBistro and 1 dinner for 2 at either Moderno or La Cucina.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program?cid=PS_TSI_GENERIC_GEN_GOO-g_LEN_SRH_NA__dsa-19959388920&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIif6ji_rW3gIVIB-tBh2ROAbYEAAYASAAEgLaYPD_BwE

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

1 solution - Buy the SDP (Specialty Dining Package) for the daughters minimum 3 dinners @ $60 each

Do you already have the SDP ?

How many days is the Barcelona cruise ?

You can buy a minimum of 3 up to the number of days the cruise is.

Put this all together to see if it is better to dine by either SDP or Ala Carte.

THE ANSWER FROM LATITUDES REWARDS AND FAQ:

6 Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. Entrée item Côte De Boeuf Pour Deux in Le Bistro, is a shared dish and will be treated as two entrées. No restaurant substitutions, Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships.

From FAQ:

Q What do the specialty dinner benefits cover?
A This benefit offers two dinners for two at a specialty restaurant for Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador guests. Each stateroom will receive a voucher in their Welcome Back card on embarkation day for:
    - One dinner for two at Cagney’s or Le Bistro with a bottle of wine
    - One dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina
This benefit is no longer delivered per guest but now delivered per stateroom. Service charges are included in this benefit. Guest to present voucher to their server before ordering. Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account.

Q I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a    voucher?
A No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.
For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.
If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

Q How many dinners will I receive if I am a Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member and the other person traveling     with me is none of these tier levels?
A You will receive a total of two dinners for two. The benefit is delivered as one per stateroom.

Q Will we receive four dinners for two if I sail with a guest who is Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador?
A  No, this benefit is delivered as two dinners for two per stateroom.

Sorry the system is working against you - BUT - are you all in one cabin ? If in two cabins there is a work around.

Note the benefits are PER CABIN !

Assuming you have at least 2 rooms, for booking purposes you put yourself in one room and your wife in a different room.  You should each get platinum certificates for meals.  Now, I personally haven't done this, but based on policy it should work.  If someone has tried this, please chime in so we all know.  Thanks!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, clcjdn said:

Assuming you have at least 2 rooms, for booking purposes you put yourself in one room and your wife in a different room.  You should each get platinum certificates for meals.  Now, I personally haven't done this, but based on policy it should work.  If someone has tried this, please chime in so we all know.  Thanks!

Yes, that definitely works

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an inadvertent work around - last cruise one of us was Plat Plus and the other Plat (in the same cabin) so they had to give us complete, individual welcome packages including two meals each, one laundry each, etc. Admittedly hard to plan for but...

23 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

No, they are not transferable.

Has this changed recently? I was on the Pearl in April and had several of the platinum meal vouchers given to me because the platinum cruisers had the SDP and weren't going to use them. I was only gold latitudes and had no problem using them.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:49 AM, xcell said:

What happens if you have the dining pack (3 specialty restaurants) and 2 platinums --  can you give your vouchers to the kids?

Yes. Don’t make a big deal about it by pointing out that someone other than the plat member is using the certs. The kids just use the certs and if over 21

can get one bottle of wine. 

20 hours ago, xcell said:

It's funny -- my kids have been cruising on NCL as many times as we have, so in theory, they are Plat members but because they are kids, the don't have perks.

Keep in mind if they were booked under Kids Sail Free or Free Friends and Family they will not get credit toward Platinum on those sailings.