Found item on ship

LHC1962

Hello.

I have returned from a cruise with an item that does not belong to me. It was found in the safe on the last morning as we were leaving,  - I thought it was cheap tat but now realise it isn’t!  I now regret not taking the time to hand it in to guest services or leave it with the stateroom attendant. 

I would very much like to return the item to its rightful owner.  

I have spoken to someone at Royal Caribbean who cannot tell me if anyone has reported it missing.  There does not appear to be a lost and found thread on cruise critic.

What would you do?

I know I’m going to get flamed  for this but I genuinely do want to do the right thing.  Possibly too late.

thanks 

Edited by LHC1962

• 1 month later...

If you have still not managed to locate the owner of the item you found, it may be prudent to speak to Royal Caribbean directly and forward the item to them. 

Many people do not use Facebook, Instagram, Roll calls  or even Cruise Critic forums  !

I am sure if I had misplaced something on a ship, I would be contacting the cruiseline and not asking on social media.

• 9 months later...

There was a small spectacles case - with prescription glasses therein - stuck behind the hair dryer shelf in the bedside chest of drawers on our last cruise.  My wife took it to Reception and they said they would contact all the previous occupants of that cabin to determine the owner.

Simples.

• Like 1