Confused - Which snorkeling tour? Pls help.

All4d

I will be arriving by cruise ship in mid-December. My main goal (weather dependent of course) is to snorkel where there's lots of fish. No desire to drink or hang out at a crowded beach. There are 3 cruise ships in port that day. I prefer snorkeling by boat, as I'm not a super strong swimmer, don't like battling waves and like the security of being able to get back to the boat (or someplace to take a break) easily. . I'm considering the following options if available:

Radical Adventures (1 stop - Cow and Calf or Horseshoe)

Roatan Eco Tour (2 stops - Blue Channel and 1 other)

Hire a driver (Rony's or Bodden's) and include a 1 hr boat trip from West Bay.

Radical Adventures sounds the most relaxing, but is the snorkeling as good as West Bay/West End, and does the fact that it's the rainy season increase the likelihood of choppy water on that side of the island?

Super confused, and appreciate any insights you can share. Thanks!

Cow and Calf will be less crowded as it's on the east end near Port Royal.  My son has a house near there. Weather is just iffy this time of year.  They just had a 3-day rain event with winds out of west instead of north on Roatan  -- it's the rainy season so it's day to day on weather.

If you do the tour with Radical be sure they allow time to return to ship ... are you docking at Mahogany or Coxen Hole?  Road is 2-lane or are they picking you up at port for excursion.  IF road, it's 2-lane so takes a while

My favorite spot is snorkeling the Blue Channel! Lots of fish, and just the uniqueness of the channel/wall.  

It's been a few years since we were on the Radical Adventure. We had a great time, but more because of the whole experience than the snorkeling. The food and drinks were more of a highlight than the snorkeling. If I remember correctly, the snorkeling was in grassy areas. I don't remember there being a great abundance of fish, but enough.

I find this question difficult to answer. I loved my day with Free Radical.. the snorkeling was pretty good, the food was amazing and the staff was spot on. I agree with the above who said the whole experience contributed. 

I have snorkeled a fair amount about the island and I believe the best snorkeling (fish and critter counts) are within the Roatan Marine park which runs Sandy Bay to West Bay. This would include Blue Channel.   There is a very good chance anyone offering a snorkeling tour from West End/West Bay will be going to Blue Channel, how congested might it get?  

If it were me, and snorkeling was the goal. I would find someone to take me on a drift snorkel in Sandy Bay.. you will have the reef to yourself and see plenty of fun things. 

I know that you said you don't want a beach snorkel, but you might reconsider and look at your ship's Tabayana Beach break. The snorkeling is literally 50 feet off the beach, and waves are non existent. You can go as far as you want and see abundant marine life.