JADE CRUISE CANCELED DURING CRUISE

My family of 4 is still on board. No news what flt or when we will be on one.  Quite a few passengers still on the ship.  They did open the ship up at 915pm and said you could go onshore if you wanted to.  We didn't as we didnt know when our flt might leave today.

Yesterday we found out some very unfortunate news. A couple on the ship was to get married at St.Thomas. They lost all of their deposits for the venue and vendors they were using for their wedding and now are not sure when they will be able to get married. Their marriage license is no longer good and all of their family traveled with them on the cruise for their big day. 

We also found out that two couples on this cruise were on their honey moon and don’t know when they will be able to do another one since they used all of their PTO for their wedding and this trip. 

So just remember, this trip was vacation for most of us but was something much more for others. 

Edited by RaginCajunCruisers337
  • Like 3

This morning has gone smooth so far. Will be on first flight out today, 1030.  Flying World Atlantic. Met at 7am.  Was on bus by 8.  7 or 8 ncl representatives at airport and walked us through airport. First, our luggage was scanned and we picked the luggage up by the airline check in.  Got our tickets, checked our bags and thru tsa quickly.  For all those still on the ship, there is nothing to worry about as the process goes very smoothly.  Safe travels and a happy holiday to all.

2 hours ago, k9Rulez said:

This morning has gone smooth so far. Will be on first flight out today, 1030.  Flying World Atlantic. Met at 7am.  Was on bus by 8.  7 or 8 ncl representatives at airport and walked us through airport. First, our luggage was scanned and we picked the luggage up by the airline check in.  Got our tickets, checked our bags and thru tsa quickly.  For all those still on the ship, there is nothing to worry about as the process goes very smoothly.  Safe travels and a happy holiday to all.

Awesome, glad to know. Thanks for the heads up! 

1 hour ago, RaginCajunCruisers337 said:

Yesterday we found out some very unfortunate news. A couple on the ship was to get married at St.Thomas. They lost all of their deposits for the venue and vendors they were using for their wedding and now are not sure when they will be able to get married. Their marriage license is no longer good and all of their family traveled with them on the cruise for their big day. 

We also found out that two couples on this cruise were on their honey moon and don’t know when they will be able to do another one since they used all of their PTO for their wedding and this trip. 

So just remember, this trip was vacation for most of us but was something much more for others. 

Well, every family member will get a full refund AND a future cruise credit so they can all vacation together in the future...  maybe a vow renewal or something after the marriage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaginCajunCruisers337 said:

Not to sound insensitive - because any interrupted plans are absolutely a disappointment - but people who were planning weddings, honeymoons and once-in-a-lifetime events really do need to consider these possibilities when making their plans.  Cruises get cancelled just like flights do.  Ships have mechanical breakdowns, as do planes, trains, cars, etc.  Weather happens.   NCL can't control everything.

If I was going to get married on an island I would definitely *not* take a cruise ship there.  Cruise ships miss ports all the time even when there aren't mechanical issues!

It's unfortunate that their plans were waylaid, but it was a risk they (hopefully) considered and took.

For example, I would love, love, love to take a Transatlantic cruise.  Unfortunately, however, I am dealing with some chronic medical issues - all of which are very stable (thank Heaven!)  That said, knowing that there are two days during a Transatlantic in which no medical evacuation is possible, I just can't take that chance.  Again, my conditions are very stable and have been for years.  But it's a risk I have considered and I just can't put myself in that position in the UNLIKELY chance I would have a flare up.  Some people with medical issues roll that dice, but if something happens they would be accountable, not the cruise line.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Not to sound insensitive - because any interrupted plans are absolutely a disappointment - but people who were planning weddings, honeymoons and once-in-a-lifetime events really do need to consider these possibilities when making their plans.  Cruises get cancelled just like flights do.  Ships have mechanical breakdowns, as do planes, trains, cars, etc.  Weather happens.   NCL can't control everything.

Exactly what went through my mind...

Edited by fridaythe13th
  • Like 1

Update: 

Just informed by staff that the passengers who left for the last flight (12:45) is now being sent back to the ship. Their plane broke down and now all flights are being pushed back. Also they are trying to have all guest off the ship today and motor coached to hotels in San Juan for the evening. They are trying to have everyone off the boat so they can send the boat off for repairs. No one knows how many days we may be stuck at the hotels trying to get flights out.

Everyone needs to be very vocal in this not happening for there will be major issues trying to get flights and food at the hotels once this happens since they won’t have the pressure they do now to get this resolved quickly, since the ship would be heading back for repairs and not costing the cruise line time and money!!!

4 minutes ago, RaginCajunCruisers337 said:

Update: 

Just informed by staff that the passengers who left for the last flight (12:45) is now being sent back to the ship. Their plane broke down and now all flights are being pushed back. Also they are trying to have all guest off the ship today and motor coached to hotels in San Juan for the evening. They are trying to have everyone off the boat so they can send the boat off for repairs. No one knows how many days we may be stuck at the hotels trying to get flights out.

Everyone needs to be very vocal in this not happening for there will be major issues trying to get flights and food at the hotels once this happens since they won’t have the pressure they do now to get this resolved quickly, since the ship would be heading back for repairs and not costing the cruise line time and money!!!

Pls double check your info.  The delayed Eastern charter flight has an ETA into SJU of 12:54 AST.

2 hours ago, Aviator of the Seas said:

The Jade will be TOWED to Miami beginning at 7:00 AM Puerto Rico time.  Everyone should be off by then.

Thats what we heard. There is still over 1,500 passengers on it at this time and no flights going out for several hours. The plane for the 12:45 is down for repairs and the flight has been canceled. 

We are a family of four (2 young kids) from Australia and still waiting to disembark. Every time I speak with guest services they cannot give any information about the likelihood of a Miami flight. We have tried to be patient given the lack of information and conflicting information that has been provided, but it is now very frustrating because we cannot make onward arrangements without knowing when we will arrive in Miami. I appreciate that the staff are trying to do their best in very trying services but I don’t think NCL corporate is helping at all. My concern is the ability to get any flights over the thanksgiving period. 

23 minutes ago, Aviator of the Seas said:

The Jade will be TOWED to Miami beginning at 7:00 AM Puerto Rico time.  Everyone should be off by then.

I am curious as to why they wouldn’t allow pax (who choose to do so) to stay on the ship and get towed back with it?   It would make back by next Monday morning so no one would need to change flights.  Surely it would cost NCL much less than charter flights and maybe even hotels?  I honestly wouldn’t have minded as long as the ship is still functioning.  

Just curious.  

Anyway, I booked a PR hotel which starts check-in at 3 so I will leave the ship around 2 to pick up my rental car.   I already informed the officers that we won’t need charter flights but they don’t know our flights details yet.  I am sure I will be calling their customer service after we get back.  

Keep calm and cruise on.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ms Eden said:

I am curious as to why they wouldn’t allow pax (who choose to do so) to stay on the ship and get towed back with it?   It would make back by next Monday morning so no one would need to change flights.  Surely it would cost NCL much less than charter flights and maybe even hotels?  I honestly wouldn’t have minded as long as the ship is still functioning.  

I would guess for legal and safety reasons.  Since the ship won't be under their own power and is being towed, you never know what could happen.  I guess they could do it if they had everyone that wanted to stay on  sign a waiver that if they got hurt or someone died no one could sue NCL, but the way the world is today, I doubt any passenger would sign that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ms Eden said:

Just curious.  

Anyway, I booked a PR hotel which starts check-in at 3 so I will leave the ship around 2 to pick up my rental car.   I already informed the officers that we won’t need charter flights but they don’t know our flights details yet.  I am sure I will be calling their customer service after we get back.  

Keep calm and cruise on.  

I'm no expert on that, but I would imagine it would be unsafe for everyone, and they will do this only with a minimal crew.  If a towing cable snaps en route, you would be adrift, which would be an even bigger emergency.

• Like 2

Based on what is schedule today as of 10:45am EST for SJU to MIA for NCL there are 800 seats available.  (That includes the Eastern flight getting out today, presently on maintenance.) 

The flights are:

World Atlantic Airlines #902  MD83

Eastern Airlines #8001 B762

Omni Air Express #330 B763

World Atlantic Airlines #903  MD83

The above does not include any passengers that were able to be but on scheduled AA flights today. I am sure they are trying to get more flights but it will be hard over the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US. If I see more flights appear I will try to update hte list. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ricflyer said:

Based on what is schedule today as of 10:45am EST for SJU to MIA for NCL there are 800 seats available.  (That includes the Eastern flight getting out today, presently on maintenance.) 

The flights are:

The above does not include any passengers that were able to be but on scheduled AA flights today. I am sure they are trying to get more flights but it will be hard over the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US. If I see more flights appear I will try to update hte list. 

Is this list of flights including those that already left today?

8 minutes ago, ricflyer said:

The flights are:

Thank your for the backup info.  Or rather, yours should be primary info.  Seems better than my source.  i did look in the trackers and I'm sorry but didn't see the EAL airplane enroute anywhere, so that might confirm the maintenance issue.  Sorry about tha, peoples.

2 hours ago, Aviator of the Seas said:

Thank your for the backup info.  Or rather, yours should be primary info.  Seems better than my source.  i did look in the trackers and I'm sorry but didn't see the EAL airplane enroute anywhere, so that might confirm the maintenance issue.  Sorry about tha, peoples.

Wow, that’s what we heard and feared. Thanks for the info!