Did you book your cruise before 12th November but not the drinks packed read this

Epos Man

Posted on Facebook by Tim. 

Looks like UK Zomly but could be others 

++++++BREAKING NEWS++++++++

Hi all I've had some fabulous news from MSC UK senior management just now regarding the drinks package changes.

From tomorrow, if you booked your cruise prior to 11th November 2018 and hadn't booked a drinks package, MSC will allow you to book the 'old' packages such as classic, books of vouchers, all inclusive restaurants and bars.

You'll be able to do this until December 5th. If you do not do this by December 5th then if you would like a drinks package your options will be in line with the new products Easy, Premium and Premium Plus.

If you booked after 12th November then the drinks packages available to you will be the new choices; you will not be able to book any of the old ones.

You'll be able to add the packages through the usual channels, such as your travel agent, the MSC website cruise personaliser and MSC's contact centre. 

The easiest way to do this is to do it on your MSC account at www.msccruises.co.uk

Hmm, I wonder what are the chances MSC will eventually start clamping down on beverage choices for Aurea/Classic bookings by late 2019.  I'd really like to see something more definitive in writing,  that Classic will get a $10 limit or something.  I'm happy with what Classic used to offer, but might have play it safe and go to Deluxe if it is offered to US bookings.

I just called the US call center again and spoke with a woman named Marilyn.  She stated that starting Monday existing Drinks On Us package holders will be able to upgrade to the old plans but the only option for someone with no drink package is the new plans regardless of when you booked.

1 hour ago, QCruzes said:

Got this email this morning! It's a go for the US! If you still want the upgrade, you better call before they change their minds!!

240247201_ScreenShot2018-11-21at9_47_57AM.png.2a9cdcf471c624784448d75d6a3edee8.png

That pricing is different than prior upgrade, right?  I thought it was around $150 for both passengers to upgrade from Classic to Deluxe.

Edited by cathep

We had the DOU package, so the 252 is the upgrade to the classic for the both of us, not the deluxe. I'm not sure what the cost would be from the DOU to deluxe, or classic to deluxe. I do know this matches what the price was for us before all the changes, so I'm sure it is the same. Let us know what you find out.

Edited by QCruzes

11 hours ago, QCruzes said:

We had the DOU package, so the 252 is the upgrade to the classic for the both of us, not the deluxe. I'm not sure what the cost would be from the DOU to deluxe, or classic to deluxe. I do know this matches what the price was for us before all the changes, so I'm sure it is the same. Let us know what you find out.

Is this the upgrade price for 2 on a 7-day cruise? That would make it $18/day/pp which is what the "old" pricing was. I'm booked on a 10 day, so my cost should be $180/pp or $360 total. Hopeful

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

Correct. Tomorrow is he LAST day forever!! :classic_angry:

And sadly, most people who sail MSC don't even know, the vast majority will only find out when they try to purchase on board or shortly before sailing.

1 minute ago, pennyl said:

Do you have to phone MSc because it's not available when I log in to add a drinks package?

Yes, you can only see the new packages online, the old ones have to be purchased by phone.