Jade Fitness Center

StepheeBee

Hello everybody!

I searched for this and didnt see anything so forgive me if this has been asked before! What does everybody think of fitness center on the Jade? I've been really working hard and seeing progress using an at home fitness program that I'd like to continue daily while onboard (especially with all the yummy food and drinks available!) The program uses sliders and free weights and floor exercises. I've looked at the pictures but it is hard to determine - is there enough space for this without bothering others or being in their way? Im already self conscious enough, I don't want to be drawing any attention to myself.  Any other cruisers have advice on continuing programs that you've started at home? 

Thank you all  ☺☺

Edited by StepheeBee

The Jade fitness center is fabulous. It is roomy enough to do your workout. I saw people do that type of workout at the back wall by the ab chair. Some hours are more crowded. You will quickly learn the busy times and empty times. There is a separate room where they have classes that you could use when empty. Also, depending on the class, you may be able to work out in the back even if they have a small class up front.

A good cruise workout is the ship stairs. When not crowded, walk down to deck 4 then up to the top deck. Do 3 or 4 sets. You will feel it in your legs and lungs!

I would download the workouts in advance (it sounds like you are doing 80DO), even if you have will have wifi on board. I've done at-home programs both on cruises and in other hotel/resort gyms and avoiding the busy times is key! Good luck! We will be on board in late-January and will be doing a different program.

• 1 year later...

There is a very large room used for spin and other classes that you can use for your workout even while a class is in session. There are extra hand weights in this room as well (up to around 10 lbs). There were also mats, bosu balls and pilates rings in this room. As for sliders, you will not find these. Either bring your own or use cheap white paper plates. They glide just as well! Enjoy your cruise!