MSC USA DRINK PRICES GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

Mattnvick

So after seeing a post from Sidari who posted on this board yesterday having seen it on FB from someone who just got off Seaside on Saturday the upgrade drinks from old packages to new ones we call MSC to upgrade.

We wanted to do Meal Time Drinks to Easy package. Yesterday was posted as $17 a day but on the phone is now $28.50 a day.

DO THEY JUST MAKE IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG?

What the heck are they doing?????

So frustrated 

Edited by Mattnvick

8 minutes ago, sidari said:

The US is supposed to be sorting the packages from tomorrow though some people have already upgraded.

Sid, Matt thinks after looking at all his jottings on prices, upgrades, packages etc etc the woman on the phone (who was one who was happy to talk about what was going in as opposed to yesterday's person who just wanted to argue) thats she quoted  Mealtime Drinks to Classic not Easy.

I feel so bad for these people they are on the end of so much anger from Pax (understandably so cause the whole thing is such a mess).  Its not even a case of training them better as things seem to change day to day hour to hour.

Their job must be nightmare. It feels like they come in to work and prices just come up on their computers they have been told nothing they just quote what comes up because someone somewhere has made another decision.

No discussion prices just changed  by IT. Heads really should role over this whole drinks fiasco. These people who man the phones must dread coming to work as they never know what might have happened in their off time. 

M&V ... Yes I have to agree with what you say, so far on the UK Facebook groups I have yet to see anyone have a refusal including those with no drink package booked before November 11th.

It does beg the question of just what are the likes of Rick Sasso doing to earn their high paid wages!

Edited by sidari

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

M&V ... Yes I have to agree with what you say, so far on the UK Facebook groups I have yet to see anyone have a refusal including those with no drink package booked before November 11th.

Why are you sticking up for them, please?

You of all people know they have s*at on us regular cruisers numerous times.

I can’t stop them doing that but I can stop them rubbing it iin!

6 hours ago, sidari said:

It does beg the question of just what are the likes of Rick Sasso doing to earn their high paid wages!

I think the UK's strong consumer protection laws regarding the travel industry might have something to do with it.

9 hours ago, sidari said:

ssmea ... Well UK cruisers are certainly being allowed to book drink packages where they had only booked the cruise initially that was done before November 11th. MSC USA need to step up for their guests.

I was able to upgrade today to Deluxe.  The US lagged behind, but it's the result that counts.

I also upgraded three pre-November 12th bookings through MSC US call center.  They honored the DOU to Deluxe for $26pp per day and Classic to Deluxe for $8pp per day.  I was happy with Classic but not willing to take a chance a year from now corporate might not continue giving the old drink choices which officially are now above the Classic package dollar limits. 

Edited by Até

Add me to the list of those able to successfully upgrade to the Deluxe package from DOU. I tried to do this Friday and was told to call back Monday because she wasn't sure which price to quote me. Today the rep did ask for my booking number before she could quote me the $26 a day figure. I booked months ago. The sad part is that I'm not a heavy drinker when my usual travel buddies aren't around, but $26 p/d is not a bad upgrade price. I just hope my wife can get her gelato and foo foo drinks without any more drama. I haven't read the latest drink price travails so I'm not up to date.

Jim

Good to hear you guys got your upgrades at last, I think MSC USA were getting Black Friday out of the way first.

toledo ... The Drink packages are being honoured as were and still include Gelato and Milk shakes.

9 hours ago, sidari said:

Good to hear you guys got your upgrades at last, I think MSC USA were getting Black Friday out of the way first.

toledo ... The Drink packages are being honoured as were and still include Gelato and Milk shakes.

I know some people knock Cruise Critic for giving out a lot of bad information, but it's still my go to when I want to find out something, or ask a question. If you hang around long enough you'll find the posters who are full of hot air. Gelato was not a make or break deal for me, but if the cruise line was changing the rules in mid-game, it was something we needed to know. I usually do a lot of research before I ever book so I don't get any surprises. You know how we OCD people are.

Jim

• Like 1