Tell me about Bermuda in December

DonnaK

We will be calling on Bermuda on December 8 (Anthem of the Seas).  Many of the excursions offered through the cruiseline involve snorkeling, waterports, beach, etc.  Is the water going to be warm enough for that?  

What do you recommend for a short day in Bermuda at that time of year?

With only a few hours in port on a Saturday, which has a somewhat scaled back public transportation schedule compared to a weekday, i would consider visiting the National Museum of Bermuda, which is located right on the Royal Naval Dockyard grounds just a short walk from your ship's berth and then visit the shops in the Clocktower Mall and elsewhere on the Dockyard grounds. 

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

With only a few hours in port on a Saturday, which has a somewhat scaled back public transportation schedule compared to a weekday, i would consider visiting the National Museum of Bermuda, which is located right on the Royal Naval Dockyard grounds just a short walk from your ship's berth and then visit the shops in the Clocktower Mall and elsewhere on the Dockyard grounds. 

This is a great suggestion!  We've done this a few times when we visited in April/May and it was too cold to swim.

We will only be in port 9am-3:30pm.  

2 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

This is a great suggestion!  We've done this a few times when we visited in April/May and it was too cold to swim.

We will only be in port 9am-3:30pm.  

That is indeed a very short day, and of course you'll need to be on board before 3:30pm. 

Given that, I think NJ Horseman's suggestion is a good one.  Unless you are on a ship's tour, you really won't have much time to leave the Dockyard on your own and do/see very much. 

• 2 weeks later...