Medallion.net on Ruby Princess

SolPlyr

When I was looking through everything I could purchase pre-cruise, I noticed that Princess is offering 50% off Medallion.net Internet access for my cruise. Doing some research, I'm seeing that it's come out on a few ships, but I didn't see Ruby as one of them. My guess is that if Princess is offering it for sale, that would mean that it would be available for the cruise I'm on. Am I correct? The price is good, even if my family can only have one device on the Internet at a time. I just want to make sure that I'm actually going to have the ability to use that service.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, SolPlyr said:

When I was looking through everything I could purchase pre-cruise, I noticed that Princess is offering 50% off Medallion.net Internet access for my cruise. Doing some research, I'm seeing that it's come out on a few ships, but I didn't see Ruby as one of them. My guess is that if Princess is offering it for sale, that would mean that it would be available for the cruise I'm on. Am I correct? The price is good, even if my family can only have one device on the Internet at a time. I just want to make sure that I'm actually going to have the ability to use that service.

Thanks!

It's a long way from completion.

They still are finishing up the Caribbean and the Regal is less than half way done.

Someone just off the Ruby posted last week that the internet was down for their entire cruise.

I say if you have the option to buy an unlimited package grab it. If the internet is having issues you won't be running down to the IC to have your lost minutes restored everyday. IMO

When is your cruise?

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It's a long way from completion.

They still are finishing up the Caribbean and the Regal is less than half way done.

Someone just off the Ruby posted last week that the internet was down for their entire cruise.

When is your cruise?

December 22.

I just added to my post above.

IMO........There is no way it will be any way shape or form be ready by Dec 22.  

So if I grab it and then find out I can't use it, I assume it'll be refunded or redirected to other expenses.

1 minute ago, SolPlyr said:

So if I grab it and then find out I can't use it, I assume it'll be refunded or redirected to other expenses.

They should yes. If they are having that many issues then there will be many PO'd passengers.

Its just not worth the hassle to fight for lost minutes. You can leave your device on and connected 24/7.

They should yes. If they are having that many issues then there will be many PO'd passengers.

Its just not worth the hassle to fight for lost minutes. You can leave your device on and connected 24/7.

Definitely don't want to go the minute route, especially when right now the unlimited price is cheaper.

9 minutes ago, SolPlyr said:

Definitely don't want to go the minute route, especially when right now the unlimited price is cheaper.

My 10 day on the Regal this month unlimited was regular price $99.

It was offered at the pre cruise price of $69.

I purchased it pre cruise.

Before I boarded I was not sure if they would have the free unlimited. I had heard that it would be the last cruise where it was free but did not know for sure.

When I boarded I found it was the last cruise where they would offer free unlimited for Platinum and Elite so they could load the system up with users testing it. I was worried I would have to fight to get a refund of the $69 onboard. I was pleasantly surprised after boarding that not only did I have the free unlimited plan but they refunded my $69 back to my onboard account!

MedallionNET is not to be confused with the Medallion. The upgraded hardware that allows MedallionNET to be offered does not require Medallions to be on the ship. So if the hardware is there and they are selling MedallionNET packages for your cruise, it should be there and working.

• 2 weeks later...