Flight time after disembarkation?

I'm on a Royal Caribbean cruise next year that arrives back in Ft. Lauderdale at 5:30am (Adventure of the Seas, 8-day Eastern Caribbean).  We're booking flights ourselves and wanted to know what time disembarkation is and whether we could make a 10:15 flight leaving Ft. Lauderdale airport without rushing.  Thank you!

Although the ship arrives at 5:30 they will not start to disembark till around 6:45-7.  You will be ok if all goes well clearing customs, but you will need to do self assist and be one of the first off the ship and jump in a cab,  The airport is only 4.5 miles.  Have an alternative plan in place just in case.

It can be done, but you might be rushed. Lots of unknown factors in your posts. When next year?  A couple of times a year Port Everglades gets packed and traffic is tough.  I assume you return on a weekend when the airport is less crowded, but I haven't looked at Adventure's itineraries. How many ships in port with you that day?    I would definitely plan on self disembarkation and being in line when it starts. Watch for reviews a few months ahead of your cruise and see what people's experiences are then. 

8 hours ago, LarryCruiser said:

I'm on a Royal Caribbean cruise next year that arrives back in Ft. Lauderdale at 5:30am (Adventure of the Seas, 8-day Eastern Caribbean).  We're booking flights ourselves and wanted to know what time disembarkation is and whether we could make a 10:15 flight leaving Ft. Lauderdale airport without rushing.  Thank you!

I think you will have to get up very early and get off the ship with the self-assist group.

For a 10:15 flight you need to be at FLL by 8:45 (earlier is better - TSA lines are bad on busy days).  The airport is only a 10-15 minute cab ride from the port, so that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration NLT about 8:00.  Sounds like a VERY low number or carrying your own bags off might work.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home?   I would relax and book a flight leaving about noon or later, but it is your call.

We did self-assist disembark earlier this month (Harmony). We did not get on the line as early as we could have, but still had no problem getting off quickly and making our 10:07 AM Fort Lauderdale flight with lots of time to spare. 

Not saying conditions are always perfect for this, but we personally have not had trouble with similar flight times in the past. 

Enjoy your cruise.