Info on Divina Cabin 10007

Safe77

I'm looking at possibilities for a future family cruise on the Divina.  Aurea cabin 10007 comes up as being available, but MSC is quite vague in its description of the cabin--some of the bullets from their cabin description: 

• Size approx. 226 to 505 sq.ft. (some with balcony and some with panoramic sealed windows).
  • Surface: 116.25 Square feet  (Really????)
  • Stateroom connected with: 16024 (A cabin on Deck 10 is somehow connected to a cabin on Deck 16)

Can anyone provide me with information on this particular cabin?  I really need to know if it is indeed a two-room suite (bedroom separated from living area) and if it has a balcony.  Thanks very much in advance!

27 minutes ago, Safe77 said:

I'm looking at possibilities for a future family cruise on the Divina.  Aurea cabin 10007 comes up as being available, but MSC is quite vague in its description of the cabin--some of the bullets from their cabin description: 

• Size approx. 226 to 505 sq.ft. (some with balcony and some with panoramic sealed windows).
  • Surface: 116.25 Square feet  (Really????)
  • Stateroom connected with: 16024 (A cabin on Deck 10 is somehow connected to a cabin on Deck 16)

Can anyone provide me with information on this particular cabin?  I really need to know if it is indeed a two-room suite (bedroom separated from living area) and if it has a balcony.  Thanks very much in advance!

the cabin is 355 sq.ft. of which 320 sq. ft. is living area and 35 sq. ft. is bathroom. The balcony is ~135 sq. ft.

here is an image of part of a similar balcony (cabin 11009)

9009balcony.jpg

Edited by Skier52

I googled, and came across the following Divina review. The photo provided by Skier52 aligns with the balcony description below:

Cabin Review

Suite – Aurea

Cabin S3 10007
This is a corner suite at the front of the ship. It is the largest room I’ve ever been in on a cruise. It was an actual 2 room suite. It had a wraparound balcony, but it wasn’t that usable. I wanted to be able to sit outside on the side of the ship, but it was too narrow to sit there - just enough room to stand. The seating for the balcony faced the front which was too windy for sitting when cruising. 

There was a sofa bed and armchair in the living room. The sofabed was very uncomfortable to sit on, as the couch was deep and the seat cushions would not stay in place, but the steward gave us extra pillows from the “pillow menu” and we were fine. The bedroom had 2 sets of windows and it was a joy to wake up there in the morning with the sun and sea. 

Our only major complaint about the room is that the only US electrical outlets were on one side of the bed. There were 2 plugs there, but nothing on the other side of the bed (I didn’t even see an accessible European outlet there) and only European outlets in the living room. I wish I had known in advance and I would have brought some adapters. I got an extension cord from the front desk ($30 deposit... refunded on return) and was at least able to charge my phone (which I also use as a clock)on my side of the bed. If you have a family of four in that stateroom, you will want adapters for the guests sleeping in the living room. The ship does not have adapters. 

The bathroom was fine for 2 people, but would be cramped for 4 people.
Edited by hamrag

Thank you for your prompt responses and the great information you provided.  It's good to know that it is a two-room suite and the dimensions.  I hadn't given much thought to the usability of the balcony while underway, but now that is something to take into consideration.  The limitation on US outlets is disappointing, but not a deal breaker.  Thanks again!!