Spain,France and Italy 2020

andymattmom

The 2020 schedule came out today. I have a couple holds. The one I am interested in is August 15 Apex sailing. I attacked the itinerary below (hopefully). My question is are all the ports ones where 10 hours (average port time) is enough to get touring done? 

I have an aft balcony on hold. 

424962B5-9938-46CA-A76D-5442C750D4AF.png

Edited by andymattmom

It probably is but you have a travel of between 1.5 and 2 hours to Pisa or Florence each way.

Ibiza is ok as you are docked at the capital, Villefranche is in the middle between Nice and Monaco so you are ok timing there. For Toulon is also a travel from the ship as the ship docks in the other side of the bay but there are transits you can buy. I can't help you with Valencia as I have never been but it looks from Google maps that you dock close to the city.

1 minute ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

It probably is but you have a travel of between 1.5 and 2 hours to Pisa or Florence each way.

Ibiza is ok as you are docked at the capital, Villefranche is in the middle between Nice and Monaco so you are ok timing there. For Toulon is also a travel from the ship as the ship docks in the other side of the bay but there are transits you can buy. I can't help you with Valencia as I have never been but it looks from Google maps that you dock close to the city.

Docking in Valencia is not near the city center. Celebrity provides a shuttle to the center. It's about a 25 minute drive.

• Thanks 1

Just now, WonderMan3 said:

Docking in Valencia is not near the city center. Celebrity provides a shuttle to the center. It's about a 25 minute drive.

Thanks I didn't know that. I will remember if we are ever in that port.

Looking at Google I can see a Costa ship close to what I would have thought, only by the map, was close to the centre. I take it Celebrity doesn't dock there or that the centre of the city is nowhere near the port.

2 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Thanks I didn't know that. I will remember if we are ever in that port.

Looking at Google I can see a Costa ship close to what I would have thought, only by the map, was close to the centre. I take it Celebrity doesn't dock there or that the centre of the city is nowhere near the port.

I've added a visual. I'm not sure where Costa docks but when I was on Constellation we docked at those long skinny piers at the far right of the image. I selected a location on the map closest to that and plotted a driving route to the cathedral which is the center of the city and near where Celebrity drops you off.

Valencia.JPG

2 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I've added a visual. I'm not sure where Costa docks but when I was on Constellation we docked at those long skinny piers at the far right of the image. I selected a location on the map closest to that and plotted a driving route to the cathedral which is the center of the city and near where Celebrity drops you off.

Valencia.JPG

Thanks

That explains it. The costa ship I can see on the map is where the Mahon Valencia ferry goes from, which is why I assumed it was close. Thanks for the information.