Jamie's Italian menu on Harmony of the Seas

katiel53

I have seen the menu from Jamie's posted a few times but the postings were not recently.  I am concerned in that we planned to go to there a few times on our cruise in January.  The reason for my concern is that on a live posting from Symphony, the steak was previously part of the price is now an extra $15. It may be larger than the previous one, but there was a filet on the menu.  The actual menu is almost all pasta with a few seafood entrees thrown in as well as, I think, lamb.

Is this the same menu now on Harmony?  Although I do eat seafood, I am not able to eat shrimp and pasta itself is not something I would look forward to a few nights/lunches on our cruise. My sister doesn't eat seafood, lamb, mushrooms and a few other things so I am concerned  now that we have booked the Ultimate package.

I know we could dine at 150 Central Park, and Wonderland, but neither are places my sister would enjoy dinner.  I am hoping that the old menu which has steak on it is still available and not a hamburger in it's place.  Thanks for your understanding.

10 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

If all you want to eat is Steak, then chops is a better choice.It appears the steaks are gone. There are so many other nice choices though. If you have UDP, you're risking nothing.

We plan to go to Chops a few times, but my cabin mate is a picky eater and won't eat any seafood, mushrooms, olives etc.  She does eat pasta, but other than the Bolognese sauce, I doubt she will eat any pasta.  She does like steak and had been looking forward to it i Jamie's.  

She doesn't like the menu at 150 and Wonderland, so it is basically down to Chops and Jamie's.  I don't want to have dinner in Chops 7 nights.  Neither of us is big on Mexican food, so if there is a Sabor, it's not a choice for us.

17 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

We plan to go to Chops a few times, but my cabin mate is a picky eater and won't eat any seafood, mushrooms, olives etc.  She does eat pasta, but other than the Bolognese sauce, I doubt she will eat any pasta.  She does like steak and had been looking forward to it i Jamie's.  

She doesn't like the menu at 150 and Wonderland, so it is basically down to Chops and Jamie's.  I don't want to have dinner in Chops 7 nights.  Neither of us is big on Mexican food, so if there is a Sabor, it's not a choice for us.

We ate at Chop's last Wednesday - DW had shrimp cocktail (good sized shrimp), Tuna Tartar (on a bed of avocado), a medium rare grilled salmon filet (Chef cooked exactly to her order), and grilled asparagus. I had Lobster bisque (excellent), Tuna Tartar, a 6oz filet (cooked to a perfect medium rare), and grilled Crimini mushrooms and onions. We always do 150 CP every time we're on an Oasis class ship, and their new menu is top notch. Very happy that they abandoned their old "tasting" menu and went to a full scale restaurant menu. We tried Sabor once, but found both the menu and presentation underwhelming. Overall, our favorite dining venue is the Solarium Bistro on Oasis class ships.

Edited by orville99

19 hours ago, katiel53 said:

I have seen the menu from Jamie's posted a few times but the postings were not recently.  I am concerned in that we planned to go to there a few times on our cruise in January.  The reason for my concern is that on a live posting from Symphony, the steak was previously part of the price is now an extra $15. It may be larger than the previous one, but there was a filet on the menu.  The actual menu is almost all pasta with a few seafood entrees thrown in as well as, I think, lamb.

Is this the same menu now on Harmony?  Although I do eat seafood, I am not able to eat shrimp and pasta itself is not something I would look forward to a few nights/lunches on our cruise. My sister doesn't eat seafood, lamb, mushrooms and a few other things so I am concerned  now that we have booked the Ultimate package.

I know we could dine at 150 Central Park, and Wonderland, but neither are places my sister would enjoy dinner.  I am hoping that the old menu which has steak on it is still available and not a hamburger in it's place.  Thanks for your understanding.

Sounds like the UDP is a waste of money. Get a refund and just pick a place once or twice.  Bistro for dinner would be a good choice as well as a a few MDR nights. Also dinner in Windjammer is not bad at all. We were on Symphony a few weeks ago and the steak was no longer on Jamie's.  My wife is allergic to seafood, stays away from pasta and hates lamb, however we still ate at Jamie's twice, 150 twice, Chops twice, Wonderland once and Bistro several times and she was very happy with the choices.  happy cruising

On 11/27/2018 at 4:03 PM, katiel53 said:

We were just on Harmony Nov 10-18 and there absolutely was steak available at Jamie’s without an upcharge. We actually ate there twice. 

8 hours ago, Cruisin'Along18 said:

We were just on Harmony Nov 10-18 and there absolutely was steak available at Jamie’s without an upcharge. We actually ate there twice. 

Thank you so much.  That makes me feel a lot more comfortable.

• Thanks 1