Time Zone Question for Jolly Pirates

BrianasMom

Hey everyone! 

I haven't cruised since 2012 so I'm a little out of the loop on the time zone that the ship follows versus the excursion company time.

We will be in Aruba on 12/20 aboard the Horizon from 8:00-4:00.

I would like to book the Jolly Pirates excursion which is from 9:00-1:00 with an 8:30 boarding. I emailed them to see if they could tell me if I would have enough time and this is what they said:

This is a message with the information which we usually share with our Carnival Friends. 

If you are arriving 8:00am local time then you do have 45 to 50 minutes before boarding time.

Check-in for our

•          Morning cruise begins at 8:30am  LOCAL TIME

•          Afternoon snorkel 1:30pm   LOCAL TIME

•          Sunset cruise begins at 5:00pm LOCAL TIME

Keep in mind that the Carnival Ships do not follow LOCAL time all year.  Once Daylight Savings is in effect you will be on Aruba one hour later than our LOCAL TIME.  During the Spring and Summer months we will be on the same time zone. 

I cannot recommend this strongly enough:  It is always best to re-confirm with your ship if you will be in Aruba following Carnival time / or LOCAL time

This seems to say that we will be one hour later than Local Time, since the Spring and Summer months they are on the same time. 

Can anyone confirm this for me? I'd hate to book it, pay for it, and realize we won't make it on time. 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Aruba is currently 1 hour ahead.  So 8:30AM local will be 7:30 AM Horizon ship time.

So we won't make the excursion it looks like. Bummer. 

Off to find a Plan B. 

Thanks!

Edited by BrianasMom

7 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but just want to confirm.

We will be on the Royal Caribbean Navigator and have the 9am Jolly Pirates booked on Mar 21st 2019.  We are in Aruba from 8am - 6pm that day.  I assume we'll be o.k. because daylight savings begins on March 10th 2019?

Dan

You'll be fine.  Just get off of the ship as soon as you can, to allow travel to Palm Beach. Take a taxi, not the bus. It takes a lot longer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but just want to confirm.

We will be on the Royal Caribbean Navigator and have the 9am Jolly Pirates booked on Mar 21st 2019.  We are in Aruba from 8am - 6pm that day.  I assume we'll be o.k. because daylight savings begins on March 10th 2019?

Dan

46 minutes ago, Hatteras51 said:

You'll be fine.  Just get off of the ship as soon as you can, to allow travel to Palm Beach. Take a taxi, not the bus. It takes a lot longer.

Aruba doesn't go on Daylight Saving Time. It's on Atlantic Standard Time all year round, so the fact that the US will be on DST is irrelevant. Maybe you're assuming that the 8 am to 6 pm time listed is "ship's time" from its home port in Florida which would mean that EDT = AST ?

Edited by njhorseman