How to get a drink before I get my seapass- app check in

mcatmcat

1 hour ago, Wolffie89 said:

They just write down your room number and once the computers are updated they will put the charge through. If you have the drink package it will 0 it out. Plenty of people were doing it on harmony

Should be interesting when people give out the wrong stateroom number.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

I haven't cruised in about 8 years. You don't get your Sea Pass when you check in now? When do you receive it?

Thanks for filling in a 'feels like a new cruiser'!

It will be at your room in an envelope outside the door so you wont ne able to get them until the rooms are available 

Edited by Wolffie89
  • Like 1

A lot of the registers on Anthem did not have the scanning capability, so the crew members were writing down stateroom numbers and what people ordered. Seemed like a PITA for them. I don't understand how not getting your seapass card at the pier saves that much time. Checking in for Anthem took about as much time as checking in for Grandeur, and they actually give you your seapass for Grandeur. 

23 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

The mobile app, seapass is just like the piece of paper.  No different.  It has a barcode they scan, just like the card they scan, or the piece of paper they scan. 

The same thing has been used by the airlines for years for boarding passes.

Airlines use a QR code.  Box with little squares in it. Does the same thing.

57 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It saves check-in agents, i.e., less cost for the cruise line.

Enchantment was still giving out sea pass last weekend. Unfortunately they didn't have ours, no problem, they go make a new one.  Came back with wrong blank, blue not gold. At the least it should have been silver since we were in a JS 😱 Had to do it over.

All told it took about 20 minutes to get it sorted out and I still had to go to VOOM desk to get internet password.  Oasis is using new system, probably hard on gate agents to do it two different ways.

BTW, they did have our OBC receipts where our sea pass should have been. 🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

By new system do you mean that the seapasses are now at your cabin or just the new boarding pass?

I may have misspoke, it was Harmony with sea pass in cabin.  I can ask Laura, she is on Oasis now.  Definitely had the new type set sail.

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Lowering costs is not always bad.  Creates less pressure to raise prices. Theoretically 😉

Cruise prices are determined by competition and what the market will bear.  I suspect actual expenses have little to do with the prices.  If expenses are too high (like California), they just move the ships to places where the expenses are less.

7 hours ago, melmar02 said:

I haven't cruised in about 8 years. You don't get your Sea Pass when you check in now? When do you receive it?

Thanks for filling in a 'feels like a new cruiser'!

It depends on the ship.

Personally,  I do not like the new system.  I liked getting my card at check-in.  Takes next to no extra time.  But it is what it is.  So have to use the stupid piece of paper with a bar code until I can get to our cabin and get our cards.  I honestly don't see how it saves them anything.  They still have to print the cards.  So the cabin people now have to deliver all of them vs the check-in agents giving them to you.  IMO same amount of time.  But they are doing it and you just have to go with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, karena1 said:

... So the cabin people now have to deliver all of them vs the check-in agents giving them to you.  IMO same amount of time.  But they are doing it and you just have to go with it.

I don't think the new system has anything to do with saving guest's time.  It's to save the cruise line money.  I suspect that having the crew distribute cards does not cost the cruise line as much money as all those extra check-in agents.