POA Captains night question

cruznqueen

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2018 at 3:27 PM, cruznqueen said:

We are sailing on the POA on February 2nd and I was just wondering which night would be the captains dinner.

Any info would be great.

Thanks so much

I realize this is a delayed response, but there is a formalish night! There is indeed one night where many passenger dress up and where many photographers are set up (in the Haven, pressing is provided for this first formal night so it is definitely “a thing” 😬). NCL is more laid back than most lines, but there is what I would call a “formal night” on NCL even if it isn’t called this or some choose not to participate. There is a Captain’s reception in the Haven, I think there is an officers reception for all passengers but can’t swear to that since we usually ignore those.

From the ncl site - “For those who enjoy dressing up for dinner, there is one (two on cruises longer than seven-nights) completely optional “formal night” in various areas of the ship.”

We always enjoy it. Enjoy your cruise!

Lynn

Edited by 2Beeze

15 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I realize this is a delayed response, but there is a formalish night! There is indeed one night where many passenger dress up and where many photographers are set up (in the Haven, pressing is provided for this first formal night so it is definitely “a thing” 😬). NCL is more laid back than most lines, but there is what I would call a “formal night” on NCL even if it isn’t called this or some choose not to participate. There is a Captain’s reception in the Haven, I think there is an officers reception for all passengers but can’t swear to that since we usually ignore those.

From the ncl site - “For those who enjoy dressing up for dinner, there is one (two on cruises longer than seven-nights) completely optional “formal night” in various areas of the ship.”

We always enjoy it. Enjoy your cruise!

Lynn

There is no Haven on the  POA.  No Haven perks, no Haven area for any special reception...

(Your comment could be quite misleading for the OP who is new to NCL.)

GC

6 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

There is no Haven on the  POA.  No Haven perks, no Haven area for any special reception...

(Your comment could be quite misleading for the OP who is new to NCL.)

GC

Geez, seems a criticism without a reason. The whole intent of the posting was whether there was a formal night and I was the first post to provide her with accurate info and you criticize that?  I made the point that there IS a night that is considered formal. And, because at least once response stated NCL had no “formal night” at all, I pointed out that the LINE clearly does given that (a) there is a free pressing for “formal” night when I have been in the Haven and (b) their website shows they do. It wasn’t confusing and was aimed at correcting incorrect information for the OP that clearly needed correcting. I cannot imagine how you found something to criticize there unless it’s a slow posting day. 

Edited by 2Beeze

1 hour ago, 2Beeze said:

Geez, seems a criticism without a reason. The whole intent of the posting was whether there was a formal night and I was the first post to provide her with accurate info and you criticize that? 

Being pedantic, the actual original question was whether there was a “captains night”, and first response gave accurate info.

No, I was responding to one or more of the responses to the OP that gave wrong her information and I thought it useful to the OP to correct it. I didn’t go off topic, but responded to the posts above that perhaps did (although I can’t see the problem there either). You may have noticed that fairly often a post on a thread is related to something said in a post other than the original post? I will assume you could agree that is not a problem, if so you will be rather busy as that exists on almost every thread in the history of CC. So I find it rather odd that someone would waste their time with this criticism or then someone would double down unless what one is interested in is a needless quarrel.  Although others may not say it, this is the kind of thing that makes people not want to post because far too many people apparently have nothing better to do but find issue with non-existent issues. Now I’m going to ignore this and go pack for my upcoming cruise and anyone interested in more chewing can enjoy it without me.

7 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

No, I was responding to one or more of the responses to the OP that gave wrong her information and I thought it useful to the OP to correct it. I didn’t go off topic, but responded to the posts above that perhaps did (although I can’t see the problem there either). You may have noticed that fairly often a post on a thread is related to something said in a post other than the original post? I will assume you could agree that is not a problem, if so you will be rather busy as that exists on almost every thread in the history of CC. So I find it rather odd that someone would waste their time with this criticism or then someone would double down unless what one is interested in is a needless quarrel.  Although others may not say it, this is the kind of thing that makes people not want to post because far too many people apparently have nothing better to do but find issue with non-existent issues. Now I’m going to ignore this and go pack for my upcoming cruise and anyone interested in more chewing can enjoy it without me.

Wow. You really did miss my point didn’t you..

I’m sorry that somebody criticised your post earlier. It wasn’t me and I am criticising nobody.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, cruznqueen said:

We are sailing on the POA on February 2nd and I was just wondering which night would be the captains dinner.

Any info would be great.

Thanks so much

Notice that the thread starter asked specifically about the POA.  In reading responses, posters seemed to answer about NCL in general instead.  Long story short:  the POA does not have a Captain's dinner.

6 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Notice that the thread starter asked specifically about the POA.  In reading responses, posters seemed to answer about NCL in general instead.  Long story short:  the POA does not have a Captain's dinner.

This is true, but the POA doesn’t have any special rules in this regard. No NCL ship has a captains night.