Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

Now that I'm in waiting mode again, I will give you an update on the Fly-by pills. I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't a bit foggy today. According to my receipts I had 11 tequila based cocktails last night. I'm feeling it a little for sure. I'm going to try and pace myself a little better today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Now that my phone is charged it started acting funny. Like it wouldn't stay loaded onto a page. It just cycled over and over. I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall my entire browser. Anyhoo, I was scared there for a while...

I've had a similar problem recently. The forums seem to behave better on Firefox than Chrome for me at the moment.

Meantime I'm impressed with your cocktail consumption last night lol I think I better increase my budget for my visit to Miami in April... Will be there for 4 days 😁

• Like 1

I can finally breath again after the run for Vibe... I was standing at the boarding area and they hadn't yet made the announcement for Platinum, but people were going in. I went under the rope and proceeded towards the door and the guy tried to stop me. He said boarding starts around this way, I would have to go around. (Minutes earlier I had specifically asked exactly where it would begin, and he said right where I already was)

Anyway, I just barged right past the guy who had given me the wrong information. I knew exactly the route I would take, and was the very first one to arrive at The Social. Attention please: There have been conflicting info on where the passes are sold. It is indeed The Social. They aren't giving out numbers, there is just a line. I suppose that when they're sold out, they'll just yell "sold out"

Anyhoo, my first mission on board is a success. Now I'm off to find some food...

IMG_20181201_110400.jpg

IMG_20181201_110416.jpg

Wow, this thread so far makes me interested in a map of your drink and dining locations!  How did you decide where to go?  Was it all walkable from hotel?  This could be a DIY tour recommendation.   Thanks for making this thread, very cool.

• Like 1

Yay, so glad  I remembered you were going to be on Bliss today.  Since we always cruise Carnival, I am never on Norwegian board and I almost forgot.  I was happy to see you already started your review and I cannot wait to follow along with your adventure.  Thanks again for awesome reviews!!  

• Like 1

Different from Escape and the other away class ships, the entrance to Vibe has a new type of access device. Took me a minute to figure it out. You have to hold your card flat against it while keeping it very still.

I'm going to start heading down to the MDR for a sit down lunch, which will hopefully last until rooms are ready. I'm lugging my backpack and carry on, so no buffet for me yet.

IMG_20181201_114857.thumb.jpg.2c1a72807d01ddf37224500751388134.jpg

MVIMG_20181201_114114.jpg

18 minutes ago, Kealy said:

What's for lunch?  Did I miss your first cocktail onboard?

The connection in the dining room was abysmal, so I waited until I was done... Pictures incoming. My traditional first lunch on board is the chicken pho, crab stuffed potato skins, popcorn shrimp, and the grouper sandwich. Everything was fantastic. Hopefully the rooms will be announced soon so I can unburden myself from these bags.

Pretty soon there's going to be a smoker's revolt. Due to the fueling barge alongside, smoking is only allowed for the time being in the cigar lounge. All the smoker's are pissed off because there's not enough room for all of them.

Also, I did a quick run through the garden cafe and no folding chairs were present. Life as we have known it may continue...