Requesting Help With YC Family Suite Selection

Safe77

My wife has decided that we will be sailing in a YC2 family suite on the Divina.  (My preference would be to simply book two YC1 cabins, even though that's quite expensive.)  She and I have only sailed in YC1 cabins on a couple of MSC cruises.  Before I make the booking, I need to know which is a better choice--cabin 12002 or cabin 12004.  I realize that both have forward-looking windows and no balcony, that 12004 is nearly 125 sq ft larger than 12002, and that the two cabins are connected.  Is the pull-out sleeper big enough for 2 teenage sons, or will we need a cot?  How bad is it being part of the YC, but not in the YC?  Is there anything else that I need to consider in the decision?  As always, thanks very much in advance for your sage and valued responses.

-- Steve --

I haven't sailed MSC yet, so I can only give my reaction after looking at the suite.  It looks great, but not having 2 bathrooms and sleeping on sofa beds would discourage me from the family suite.  The 2 bathrooms is what makes our decision.  We have the 2-bedroom suite on Seaside booked.

I would not have thought being outside the YC footprint would matter until I read a review, which I am copying in part below.  Having stayed several times in the YC proper, I think the below makes a valid point in terms of butler service and general attention.  Beyond that, though, I would not think much of a difference.

Personally I would prefer to book two regular YC rooms adjacent - two balconies, two lavs, more privacy, but hey with YC you just cannot go wrong!

The reason I would not book this room again is there is no deck, but moreover, we did not feel like we were in what we paid for. There are only 4 YC rooms on deck 12, unlike the other decks that have YC rooms and amenities. We never saw the butler our rooms were not cleaned and reset up until late in the afternoons; there was no running into the concierge or butler or even the housekeeping staff like on other cruises it was like we were not apart of the YC atmosphere. We had to go up two decks to get to any of the YC areas the lounge, pool, or even see the YC staff we felt like they forget those who are on deck 12 this was something the people in the rooms around us also found.