Prinsendam cabin 382 odors?

the2ofus

Has anyone sailed in this cabin since September?  Have you been aware of any bad odors in the cabin?  Alberta Quilter noted that on their September cruise there was a disgusting odor that worsened in spite of cleaning efforts by the housekeeping staff.  Help!  We are booked in this cabin in December.

I was in cabin 378 in May for 28 days.  My cabin had a nauseating odor the day I embarked on the ship and became quite concerned.  I called guest services and they came and inspected the odor.  They sprayed the cabin with something that killed the original odor but brought on a new fragrance that I lived with for the first night in my cabin.  After that my cabin was fine and no more problems with any nauseating smells.

i think the problem might be linked to a maintenance closet between cabins 378 and 380 in what would be a continuation of the hallway. The bathrooms in these two cabins back up to that closet. I looked in the closet one day early on to see a worker in the space. The closet was filled with pipes and maybe a pump.  I attributed the odor originally in my cabin to something maybe going wrong with those pipes.

i had no other issues with the cabin and loved the location of the cabin. It was great.  The service on the ship was outstanding.  I think overall you will be fine with the cabin especially since your cabin would not even back up to the maintenance closet  

Edited by ncgolferette

On advice from Kazu, I contacted Ship's Services.  I had a very pleasant conversation and two hours later I received this much appreciated reply.   Now we can relax and anticipate!

"Hello Jane,

We have received a response back from the ship regarding your inquiry about Stateroom 382, and they have advised there is no longer an issue with an odor.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with.

Kind Regards,

"

KELLI GOULD

Ship Services Coordinator

ms Prinsendam

1 minute ago, the2ofus said:

On advice from Kazu, I contacted Ship's Services.  I had a very pleasant conversation and two hours later I received this much appreciated reply.   Now we can relax and anticipate!

"Hello Jane,

We have received a response back from the ship regarding your inquiry about Stateroom 382, and they have advised there is no longer an issue with an odor.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with.

Kind Regards,

"

KELLI GOULD

Ship Services Coordinator

ms Prinsendam

So glad you got help and you can now anticipate and not worry 🙂 

Enjoy the ship before she leaves the fleet.  She's truly different from the others.  The crew is fantastic.  I hope you have a great time and enjoy your cabin, the ship and your cruise 😄 

3 hours ago, kazu said:

So glad you got help and you can now anticipate and not worry 🙂 

Enjoy the ship before she leaves the fleet.  She's truly different from the others.  The crew is fantastic.  I hope you have a great time and enjoy your cabin, the ship and your cruise 😄 

We loved the Prinsendam when we did the 21 day Med and TA almost a decade ago.  Back then we got a great price on a cabin with balcony.  This time we weren't so lucky but certainly will enjoy our cruise and probably will make more use of the public areas than we did back then.  I really think the Prinsendam offers a smoother trip than any other HAL ship, especially in open ocean.