formal dining

John Brand

6 minutes ago, John Brand said:

Follow up...

We decided not to bring the Port, and just bring regular wine.  I wouldn't have mattered as out bags were not checked anyway.  We had a really good time on the cruise.  

Glad it worked out and you had a great cruise. 

Thanks for checking back in.

15 hours ago, John Brand said:

Follow up...

We decided not to bring the Port, and just bring regular wine.  I wouldn't have mattered as out bags were not checked anyway.  We had a really good time on the cruise.  

Glad to hear it.  That is the most important thing.

I wonder if it's the type of bottle that the port is in on whether or not it is confiscated.  Sometimes port is in a bottle that looks like regular bottle of wine and sometimes it's in a type of bottle that looks more like of a liquor bottle.

9 minutes ago, Baystate said:

I wonder if it's the type of bottle that the port is in on whether or not it is confiscated.  Sometimes port is in a bottle that looks like regular bottle of wine and sometimes it's in a type of bottle that looks more like of a liquor bottle.

We have brought port numerous times, always in a wine bottle type container, and never had one taken. Wonder if those taken were in a liquor type bottle?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John Brand said:

Follow up...

Glad you had a good time!

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, floridalover5623 said:

As well as Polo shirts nowadays. Formal night is definitely becoming optional on Princess.

Many of us do not feel that it is such a bad thing.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2018 at 8:04 AM, floridalover5623 said:

As well as Polo shirts nowadays. Formal night is definitely becoming optional on Princess.

17 minutes ago, tip said:

Many of us do not feel that it is such a bad thing.

Agree.  It's not a bad thing!  Dress everywhere has become much more casual.  Princess is wise to change with the times.  :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Baystate said:

It's the alcohol content if they bother to look at the bottle closer.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It's the alcohol content if they bother to look at the bottle closer.

That may be true, but it could be if the bottle is different than a traditional wine bottle then it probably gets another look, while the ones that look like traditional wine bottles hardly get a glance so they can keep things moving along.

12 hours ago, Baystate said:

That may be true, but it could be if the bottle is different than a traditional wine bottle then it probably gets another look, while the ones that look like traditional wine bottles hardly get a glance so they can keep things moving along.

There could well be anything in those "wine" bottles.

They've got to keep things moving.