NCL Bliss - Deck 8 Room question

BangorSmitty

We're going on our first cruise next year on the NCL Bliss and we landed a room on Deck 8. It's got a shared door and it's riiiiight near one of the restaurants. Now, I'm not super excited about the shared door -- but it's our first cruise and I understand that some of the preferred travelers will get some of the rooms higher up. 

My questions:

• Do the rooms with a shared door between them really suck THAT much?
  • Is it going to be overly noisy for us? The ship layout doesn't show anything other than more rooms above and below us, but I'm concerned about noise from the restaurant.
  • We got a guaranteed room, we didn't choose it ourselves. Is it worth a shot to email NCL and see about getting the room moved, or will that add more fees and such?

I appreciate your time, guys. You're always super helpful.

Edited by BangorSmitty

We have been in cabins with a shared door before, and it wasn't that big of a problem.  I can't give you an answer about the restaurant, but of the two, the Brew House would likely have more noise.  Hope this helps.

The shared door is not an issue. 

But,,,,

If you are in 8762, there may be some restaurant noise during operating hours and after hours cleaning. 

If you are in 8162, you will get noise and music from the bar all night. 

There are no rooms under you. The theater is under you and you will get reverberating music any time there is a show or rehearsal going on. 

You can not change a gty room assignment. Your assignment was not based on your status. It was based on filling rooms that no one else wanted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, BirdTravels said:

The shared door is not an issue. 

But,,,,

If you are in 8762, there may be some restaurant noise during operating hours and after hours cleaning. 

If you are in 8162, you will get noise and music from the bar all night. 

There are no rooms under you. The theater is under you and you will get reverberating music any time there is a show or rehearsal going on. 

You can not change a gty room assignment. Your assignment was not based on your status. It was based on filling rooms that no one else wanted. 

All super-useful information, thank you so much.

• 4 months later...

Quick check in to see anyone has stayed in 8162/8762 on Escape or Bliss. 
I have always been lucky with the GTY room assignment (Until Now that is.. but thats the reality of the game, you win some, you lose some) 

For those who stayed in these two rooms, how was: 

• Noise(if any?)
  • View from balcony (obstructed? if so - how much?)
  • Other info? 

I already placed a bid for mini suite upgrade but might consider upping it(or also bidding for SPA balcony) based off how others' have experienced this cabin. 

Edited by jackjia199637